You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How confident are you about this campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Poll Question: Will we qualify for the Euros?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [2.90%]
50 [36.23%]
11 [7.97%]
60 [43.48%]
8 [5.80%]
5 [3.62%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:38pm
We probably will scrape a win over there because of our ugly football and team spirit. Them foreigners won't like it up em Jeff.

P.S.  It would be great to have EIRE there next summer.  The more teams from GB the better.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:39pm
Cant see us qualifying from a place of dominance. I'm basing this on years of experience. We will suffer to make things awkward for ourselves. 

Take Georgia next month, We just wont go for it when We know a draw will do.
I think Switzerland at home will be on us for 90 minutes until they get a goal. 
And We will leave it all up to the last day when Denmark will come to town and it will be a cup final with the stats in their favour.

All eyes on the Welsh progress,as they hold the key to our play off spot as far as I know.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

We probably will scrape a win over there because of our ugly football and team spirit. Them foreigners won't like it up em Jeff.

P.S.  It would be great to have EIRE there next summer.  The more teams from GB the better.
Hopefully all the home nations qualify.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Cant see us qualifying from a place of dominance. I'm basing this on years of experience. We will suffer to make things awkward for ourselves. 

And We will leave it all up to the last day when Denmark will come to town and it will be a cup final with the stats in their favour.

All eyes on the Welsh progress,as they hold the key to our play off spot as far as I know.

Realistically I can see us get 1 point against Georgia and 1 at home to Denmark

I can see Denmark get 1 against the Swiss, 3 against Gib at home and 1 at home against us

And the swiz I can see them get 1 against Denmark and 3 against us, Georgia and Gibraltar

Thats leaves us on 13, danes on 14 and swiss on 18. 

As ever We need to beat one of the top 2 and not f**k up against Georgia.

Edited by OohAah... - 09 Sep 2019 at 2:16pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hopefully all the home nations qualify.

It would be great to have all the British teams there
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:08pm

I can see Denmark get 1 against the Swiss, 3 against Georgia at home and 1 at home against us

And the swiz I can see them get 1 against Denmark and 3 against us, Georgia and Gibraltar

Denmark have already played Georgia twice
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

I can see Denmark get 1 against the Swiss, 3 against Gib at home and 1 at home against us

Denmark have already played Georgia twice

My mistake, meant gibraltar, have corrected that now
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:27pm
Like a fckin mystic meg convention on here now, as for the holy trinity and his “ real table “ LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:31pm
We are still most likely to finish 3rd, but by gum we've a great chance in the group Big smile

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:32pm
I'm sure this is answered a million times elsewhere. If The Swiss or Danes finish 3rd do they have a play off guranteed via the Homebase League?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'm sure this is answered a million times elsewhere. If The Swiss or Danes finish 3rd do they have a play off guranteed via the Homebase League?

yuppp both Switzerland and Denmark win there respective nations league groups
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:38pm

Both are guaranteed a play off should they not qualify automatically

If Denmark qualify from our group, then Wales get they play off spot unless they have qualfied directly then We get the spot.

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:09pm

If Denmark qualify from our group, then Wales get they play off spot unless they have qualfied directly then We get the spot.

This is not how the playoffs via the Nations League work at all - if only it was that straightforward. It's covered in the Nations League thread
StephenIreland'sGran View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenIreland'sGran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

It seems the georgia game might be the most difficult as we're in search of a win (something that very difficult for us away from home) where as the remaining games we're looking for a draw 

Our away form is actually very good including wins in Wales and Austria last campaign
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

This is not how the playoffs via the Nations League work at all - if only it was that straightforward. It's covered in the Nations League thread

My mistake again, We need all of the teams above us to have qualified from this list or We dont get a spot?
League B
TeamRank
 Bosnia and Herzegovina (T)13 GW
 Ukraine14 GW
 Denmark[H]15 GW
 Sweden16 GW
 Russia[H]17
 Austria18
 Wales (T)19
 Czech Republic (T)20
 Slovakia (T)21
 Turkey22
 Republic of Ireland[H]23
 Northern Ireland24
reference

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Like a fckin mystic meg convention on here now, as for the holy trinity and his “ real table “ LOL

LOLLOLLOL
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

My mistake again, We need all of the teams above us to have qualified from this list or We dont get a spot?
League B
TeamRank
 Bosnia and Herzegovina (T)13 GW
 Ukraine14 GW
 Denmark[H]15 GW
 Sweden16 GW
 Russia[H]17
 Austria18
 Wales (T)19
 Czech Republic (T)20
 Slovakia (T)21
 Turkey22
 Republic of Ireland[H]23
 Northern Ireland24
reference

And if everyone else from League A qualfied then I presume those play off spots come down into our league?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:20pm
Not all of them. There are 22 teams above us. We need 14 of them to qualify automatically for us to get a playoff. 2 of them are Switzerland and Denmark (bar a Georgian miracle of course), so we need 12 of the remaining teams to do it. The more the better though, as the more that make it automatically, the better chance we have of a home semi final.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic