You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How confident are you about this campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Poll Question: Will we qualify for the Euros?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [2.90%]
50 [36.23%]
11 [7.97%]
60 [43.48%]
8 [5.80%]
5 [3.62%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:16pm
The thing is within our team. We need a serious improvement in the final parcel of the game... LISTEN UP WE NEED REDMOND AND BAMFORD TO DECLARE FOR THE REPUBLIC. if we get them we will be fine. THEN SOME YOUTH with CRAWLEY..JOHNSTONE...LIAM KELLY AND RONAN

Edited by Gerry Geary - 18 Apr 2019 at 11:17pm
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

the group should be viewed at all times without Gibraltar and any points gained from them. They won’t take a single point in this group with the exception maybe of getting s draw with Georgia at home. To view it any other way is coding yourself . 
I’ve heard of computer coding, but coding yourself is a new one.

Oh great a f**king comedian 
Despite it not being at all my intention to amuse you, I’m glad you found my comment worthy of labelling me as a comedian. Just shows that some peoples coding is very different to others.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

We have an excellent chance of qualifying. 

Luck has always played apart in qualifying for tournaments, no matter the quality of the Ireland team.

How the group looks with a Danish hangover

Switzerland 3 - 3 Denmark

Denmark 1 - 1 Ireland

Ireland 1 - 1 Switzerland

Denmark 1 - 1 Switzerland

Switzerland 1 - 0 Ireland

Ireland 1 - 0 Denmark

.....................P....W...D...L...Pts

Switzerland...4....1....3...0...6
Ireland..........4....1....2...1...5
Denmark.......4....0....3...1...3

Living the dream! 

Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 11:15pm
No need for drugs. Still "living the dream". And the Danish World Cup hangover scenario is still on. 

Confidence is rising after the 1-1 (the National Result) in Copenhagen.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 12:26am
I still can't see us beating anyone that matters. 
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 12:31am
usual hard slog but can see us getting 2nd .
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:08am
Are we guaranteed a playoff spot 

So confusing
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 12:38pm
Not guaranteed but extremely likely to get one.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 3:23pm
Likely to get one and there’s a fair shout the first game would be against the North. 

Hope for a few League A teams not to qualify (eg Iceland) and the League B teams ahead of us to auto qualify. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Likely to get one and there’s a fair shout the first game would be against the North. 

Hope for a few League A teams not to qualify (eg Iceland) and the League B teams ahead of us to auto qualify. 
With Slovakia and Wales in the same group and Croatia back on track by beating Wales today, we need every other league B to qualify for us to get a home draw (which would be against the north) in the playoffs, so Austria need to get their act together.

Most likely will be away to Slovakia.

And Wales just got one back - Cheering Wales on feels 🤮 

Edited by Dalymount79 - 08 Jun 2019 at 3:45pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

With Slovakia and Wales in the same group and Croatia back on track by beating Wales today, we need every other league B to qualify for us to get a home draw (which would be against the north) in the playoffs, so Austria need to get their act together.

Yep. Other hope is having Iceland as the only League A team that doesn’t qualify (or having all League A teams qualify) and then having 4 League B teams ahead of us not qualify so we get into the League A playoffs which would be watered down massively and be more like League C.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 3:55pm

It has been a brilliant game to watch.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 3:59pm
Welsh didn’t want to help us out...
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:04pm
What are yous worrying about. Automatic qualification will come down to our final game at the Aviva against Denmark. Write the wrongs of 2 years previous. Written in the stars. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:06pm

Yep. Other hope is having Iceland as the only League A team that doesn’t qualify (or having all League A teams qualify) and then having 4 League B teams ahead of us not qualify so we get into the League A playoffs which would be watered down massively and be more like League C.  

Cmon the mighty Magyars
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 5:04pm
To qualify automatically, we're probably going to have to pull out a big performance somewhere and beat either the Swiss or Denmark at the Aviva. I can't see us going straight through on draws alone.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
The draw between Switzerland and Denmark was, in my opinion, a bad result for us. 

Said it at the time as I felt our best chance was to sneak 2nd ahead of Denmark by drawing with them home and away but taking more points from the Switzerland games than Denmark.

Still possible for us to achieve that but Im not confident at all. We need Switzerland to win in Denmark, yet not win in Dublin, tough to realistically have any confidence in that happening.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:15pm
Confident is the wrong word - i dont think anyone could be 'confident' about our chances. I'm optimistic. We'll be right in the mix till the end, and it'll be a matter of who blinks first.

The Swiss and the Danes have better squads than us on paper, but we've been in that situation before. I'd say its the flip of a coin in it, in terms of our chances at the end of the group landing in the top 2.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic