You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How confident are you about this campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Poll Question: Will we qualify for the Euros?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [2.90%]
50 [36.23%]
11 [7.97%]
60 [43.48%]
8 [5.80%]
5 [3.62%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:32am
We expect the Danes And Swiss  to take 6 From Georgia and Gibraltar. To me our first games in the Group is in Denmark.  We need something from the game given that draw in Switzerland. Coming  back from Tblisi cost Switzerland and if we are to get out if this group we need 4 points from that double header in October 

Edited by Missy - 18 Apr 2019 at 12:33am
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:31am
Aye but a win is a win is a win etc...  Winning breeds winning.  If we have 9 or more points going into the Autumn the team will have a good feeling about the place and be gaining in belief and have at least a bit of confidence going into the tougher games.  Even if those wins are against the weaker sides.  Momentum is important.  Better to be going into the tougher games with a backlog of wins than to be heading into the easy games with a mixed bag of results against the top sides in my opinion.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Probably 3rd but I think we have a decent chance of getting 2nd.  If we have 9 or 10 points after 4 games which we should have then momentum is gathering on our side and it will go down to the wire between us and the Swiss or Denmark.

I think we are capapble of getting 2nd.  Our squad is sh*te but if we are well set up with a good happy camp under Mick then we will be respectable against anyone.

MON had morale rock bottom and played anti-football and was able to get draws against the Danes.  I can't see why a better set up EIRE with better tactics and team spirit can't at least match that.

9 points was always the bare minimum to have any outside chance of qualifying though. The Gibraltar games will give people a massive false impression of what is happening in the group table.

Now if we get a result against Denmark, that's a totally different story. I'll take back every word I've said.

We effectively have 6 matches in this group. Georgia at home being the easiest. All the meat and bones of our group comes in 6 months time. I must do up a table without any Gibraltar results in it, as they give a silly impression of how we are doing. Especially come the summer time when we will have played then twice.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 18 Apr 2019 at 12:21am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:11am
Probably 3rd but I think we have a decent chance of getting 2nd.  If we have 9 or 10 points after 4 games which we should have then momentum is gathering on our side and it will go down to the wire between us and the Swiss or Denmark.

I think we are capapble of getting 2nd.  Our squad is sh*te but if we are well set up with a good happy camp under Mick then we will be respectable against anyone.

MON had morale rock bottom and played anti-football and was able to get draws against the Danes.  I can't see why a better set up EIRE with better tactics and team spirit can't at least match that.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:02am
We will finish third and hopefully get lucky in the play off.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:01am
As it says. I was surprised to see the confidence in the Duffy thread so I wanted to see how widespread it is.  I just can't see it happening myself, unless we get a barrel load of luck. It feels like a half-decent performance against Georgia and we are all getting carried away, with little or no basis in reality.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic