You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hotel prices in Dublin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hotel prices in Dublin
    Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 12:48pm
Just looking for the craic i looked at prices for this Saturday and i have to say it's jaw dropping .
Saw a " Hostel " in Mountjoy for €521 for the night for two people in bunk beds in a Drom .

I think the time of the pair of us staying up in Dublin for the game are gone for now . 

Will this ever end ? 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just looking for the craic i looked at prices for this Saturday and i have to say it's jaw dropping .
Saw a " Hostel " in Mountjoy for €521 for the night for two people in bunk beds in a Drom .

I think the time of the pair of us staying up in Dublin for the game are gone for now . 

Will this ever end ? 

Have you tried hotels.com? Places on there for €200 for Saturday night. 

Edited by Borussia - 08 Jun 2022 at 12:50pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Will this ever end ? 

I had last weekend and this weekend booked  as soon as the fixtures came out  and they came to  £270 £260 respectively which i didnt think wasnt too bad - my usual Jurys was a good bit higher so i changed hotels ( first rule when the fixtures are out  - book the home hotel ) 

However the general thrust is correct  - prices can be ridicoulous  - a new hotel opened up about 2 doors from jurys and for the craic i stuck a few week date in to see what they were charging  - it was coming up to £200 quid a night  so £400 for the fri/sat  - i aint paying that just to get my head down for a few hours  

If the people are then they are welcome to it  but you can see why people go abroad for better value

we had actually moved out of the city centre for better value a few years ago but prices are right up there again   
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 2:52pm
Dublin hotel prices are astronomical and seem to have gone up dramatically post - Covid. Over from London for the game and would normally have stayed over to  Saturday, but instead will go back tomorrow morning and come over again on Saturday for Scotland.  I just asked the receptionist at the hotel why the costs were so high - making it clear I wasn't having a dig at her, just a genuine question - and she said something about making up for Covid losses. I can understand that, but if travellers are put off or don't stay as long, it may not be the wisest long term decision.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

Dublin hotel prices are astronomical and seem to have gone up dramatically post - Covid. Over from London for the game and would normally have stayed over to  Saturday, but instead will go back tomorrow morning and come over again on Saturday for Scotland.  I just asked the receptionist at the hotel why the costs were so high - making it clear I wasn't having a dig at her, just a genuine question - and she said something about making up for Covid losses. I can understand that, but if travellers are put off or don't stay as long, it may not be the wisest long term decision.

Price gouging, no other way to explain it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:47pm
There really is some amount of cognitive dissonance going on in this country to be charging these prices.

Every time I've been in the city, there are lads battering each other in broad daylight in the city's main thoroughfare. A week or two ago, two of them were going at it full pelt for about ten minutes in front of a growing crowd; no sign of guards anywhere. It's dirty and filthy everywhere. People shooting up everywhere day or night.

I've been in equivalently sized cities in England and Scotland and they are immaculate by comparison and you don't constantly feel on edge everywhere you go, waiting to be accosted by people.

What are you paying a premium for exactly? 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

There really is some amount of cognitive dissonance going on in this country to be charging these prices.

Every time I've been in the city, there are lads battering each other in broad daylight in the city's main thoroughfare. A week or two ago, two of them were going at it full pelt for about ten minutes in front of a growing crowd; no sign of guards anywhere. It's dirty and filthy everywhere. People shooting up everywhere day or night.

I've been in equivalently sized cities in England and Scotland and they are immaculate by comparison and you don't constantly feel on edge everywhere you go, waiting to be accosted by people.

The first class public transport 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 10:35pm

Great story, full true and not at all embellished I'm sure. I'm sure the now permanent Garda presence on the street magically disappeared and it was like the wire with lads taking drugs. 

Meanwhile, anyone I know whose been out in Dublin Post lockdown has enjoyed it thoroughly. I've been out every weekend for two months and never seen such a good atmosphere about Dublin. Had 8 people from abroad over and they loved it. Not seen anyone as much as raise their voice and seem nobody shooting up. But sure good news isn't as good to post. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 9:51am
Great buzz in the city last weekend Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 10:18am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Great story, full true and not at all embellished I'm sure. I'm sure the now permanent Garda presence on the street magically disappeared and it was like the wire with lads taking drugs. 

Meanwhile, anyone I know whose been out in Dublin Post lockdown has enjoyed it thoroughly. I've been out every weekend for two months and never seen such a good atmosphere about Dublin. Had 8 people from abroad over and they loved it. Not seen anyone as much as raise their voice and seem nobody shooting up. But sure good news isn't as good to post. 
Have been out in Dublin a good bit in my 8 years living here and i haven't once seen a fight and i lived in the North Inner City for a while. If you go looking for it you will find it but if you mind your own business and be sensible I'm pretty sure you will be very safe!
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 10:53am
I got off the bus in O'Connell Street yesterday about 5ish like to walk in around the GPO anytime I am up there called into McDonalds to get a coffee before walking down to Lansdowne, it definitely a different O'Connell St in many ways from 30 odd years ago when I went up there to work and they call Galway the city of the tribesLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:39am
Just walking about D4 yesterday killing time and i wondered down by Scruffy Murphys to see what had replaced it , now it's still standing which made me smile . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 11:42am
What did you wonder? 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What did you wonder? 
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SavageAnimal View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavageAnimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 4:39pm
No one is entitled to stay in a hotel. The price is based on the market and is what it is. There are people who will pay the price so why shouldn't the owners capitalize after such a difficult period. Who knows when the next incident will be when they can't earn and will there be money for them to pay their staff next time. I'm fortunate enough to have a hotel booked and happy to pay the price. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by SavageAnimal SavageAnimal wrote:

No one is entitled to stay in a hotel. The price is based on the market and is what it is. There are people who will pay the price so why shouldn't the owners capitalize after such a difficult period. Who knows when the next incident will be when they can't earn and will there be money for them to pay their staff next time. I'm fortunate enough to have a hotel booked and happy to pay the price. 
LOLjesus. They all (mostly) sacked their staff straight away, claimed off insurance for loss of earnings and received government support in the form of payments. Theyre laughing at you paying over the odds now ffsLOL its price gouging plain and simple. By the way you owe me €100 for posting on here.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOLjesus. They all (mostly) sacked their staff straight away, claimed off insurance for loss of earnings and received government support in the form of payments. Theyre laughing at you paying over the odds now ffsLOL its price gouging plain and simple. By the way you owe me €100 for posting on here.

You should lock him up for 8 hours if he doesn't pay!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You should lock him up for 8 hours if he doesn't pay!
Even Id give him a bit longer…In at 3pm out by 11Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic