You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home bar / Kegerator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:42pm
Hi i've a PD machine, got it two weeks ago from the beer gals with 6 kegs. i've only tried the Lagers, Juplier, Diekirch and Lowenbrau- they are lovely. Don't know where you are getting €4 per pint, are ya counting the €5 refund per keg - it works out around 3.20 or so per pint and it's worth that. I've Kwak locked and loaded for tomorrow ,so will let you know how i get on - 8.4% - mind blowing
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:02am
The PD or Blade would be fairly chunky for a kitchen top wouldn't they?

I've been looking at them and it would be a quicker fix to my goal of having beer on tap at home, but I think going all in and getting the full system with CO2 has its own appeals too, especially when it comes to the selection available, all my favourite IPAs you can get only in the big kegs.

My gaf has the chimney through the centre of the house and there is a 104 x 70cm space on either side that we are are going to get units built and inside my unit is going to have the home bar, so hidden behind the door until opened and the doors slide into the wall  Big smile
That's the dream anyway, still have to figure out of the space works for the operation im looking for. 

So thinking kegerator and bottle fridge combo and then beer keg and tap.  Might then get the blade or PD too to sit on top of the bottle fridge to have a second choice option since my taste is generally towards IPAs which not everyone enjoys

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:39am
How many pints would have to be consumed over what period to justify it? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:46am
Isn't Jupiler just Stella with a different badge? 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They keep for 6-8 weeks. About 104 pints in a 50L keg.
So on your own its about 13-17 a week. Id say my average week is about 15 pints and that would be putting the brakes on my self a little.
Then considering there would probably be more reason to invite brothers or brothers in law over to watch a game and have a few pints, prob go through a keg every 4-6 weeks
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And where would one find this ‘jupiler’ Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

So on your own its about 13-17 a week. Id say my average week is about 15 pints and that would be putting the brakes on my self a little.
Then considering there would probably be more reason to invite brothers or brothers in law over to watch a game and have a few pints, prob go through a keg every 4-6 weeks

Jesus, that's a worrying amount I would think

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:48pm
Wouldn't say I even had 15 pints all year. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And where would one find this ‘jupiler’ Smile

Comes on the perfect draft machine. Was having pints of it last night 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm

This was the exact reason I went against putting the full draft system into the home bar. I like the idea of having a pint every now and again but wouldn't be drinking enough to make it viable in the long run

I had 6 or 7 pints last night but that's really down to the novelty of having the new machine it will mainly be used for few casual pints when watching football etc and its perfect for just that
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Funny enough, I haven't had any in the last month apart from non-alcoholic beers as I am on a fitness buzz (probably why I am dreaming about the beer tap more frequently than usual).
But normally, and I'm talking 500ml bottles, I'd have about 12 bottles beteeen Friday and Saturday, maybe a few on a Sunday and midweek 3 or 4. Now that is kind of when I am not watching my figure, e.g. during lockdown. 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by 1888 1888 wrote:

Hi i've a PD machine, got it two weeks ago from the beer gals with 6 kegs. i've only tried the Lagers, Juplier, Diekirch and Lowenbrau- they are lovely. Don't know where you are getting €4 per pint, are ya counting the €5 refund per keg - it works out around 3.20 or so per pint and it's worth that. I've Kwak locked and loaded for tomorrow ,so will let you know how i get on - 8.4% - mind blowing

Hi PD Machine sales Star
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:32pm
I think if more brands are entering the 8l keg market by the time I am getting my set up then that might change my frame of thought.
I think they all work out about 3 euro a pint anyway whether the 50L keg or 8L
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:40pm

Funny enough, I haven't had any in the last month apart from non-alcoholic beers as I am on a fitness buzz (probably why I am dreaming about the beer tap more frequently than usual).
But normally, and I'm talking 500ml bottles, I'd have about 12 bottles beteeen Friday and Saturday, maybe a few on a Sunday and midweek 3 or 4. Now that is kind of when I am not watching my figure, e.g. during lockdown. 

On the non alcoholic buzz myself after a heavy week and a half out west, great there's so much choice these days. 

I don't know you from Adam but if it was a friend of mine drinking that much every week I'd definitely be having a quiet word to say I had concerns about them. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:05pm

On the non alcoholic buzz myself after a heavy week and a half out west, great there's so much choice these days. 

I don't know you from Adam but if it was a friend of mine drinking that much every week I'd definitely be having a quiet word to say I had concerns about them. 
I had that much on Thursday, never mind the rest of the week.LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:20pm

I go in and out of phases. Lockdown was bad. 
Yeah there is great choice actually, I am finding the urge to have a nice beer is getting filled by the non alcoholic. Then I'd only have a couple as not going to keep skulling them back while not getting tipsy. Plus half the calories even if you are in a situation that you are having 4 or 5 at a get together 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:24pm
Just cant take to the non alco stuff. Just dont see the point personally. But it's most likely all in my head. I get that some taste just as good as regular beers but id rather have a glass of quash or a rock shandy.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:51pm
Non Al can FRO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic