You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home bar / Kegerator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home bar / Kegerator
    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 11:58am
Anyone have experience with setting up a permanent home bar and a beer tap / kegerator or did some research into it? 

Starting to look into this but some questions if anyone has experience in this area

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 12:05pm
A few mates of mine setup a Facebook group called "the ireland blade beer owners group"

https://uk.blade.shop/heineken-professional-bundle.html
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

A few mates of mine setup a Facebook group called "the ireland blade beer owners group"

https://uk.blade.shop/heineken-professional-bundle.html

Nice on hb 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
That actually looks pretty cool
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:25pm
Gerk set one up recently. Has all the gear,taps,gas,cooler etc. I’m sure he could answer any questions 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:31pm
how many pints would you want to be drinking a week to keep a good flow going.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

About 35 is the required dosage 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Gerk set one up recently. Has all the gear,taps,gas,cooler etc. I’m sure he could answer any questions 
His looks the business Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:15pm
I hadn't even looked into the Blade ones until seeing that info from HB. Looks a lot more easy to set up anyway!

I was going to go down the full road of kegerator/fridge combo, full keg, gas, etc. but the Blade thing looks a lot more simple. That said, looks like the range is limited at the moment whereas with a proper set up you could get any type of keg (love me IPAs).
Maybe with Blade growing in popularity more will enter the market.

Did have a space in mind for the beer tap which would ultimately be part of a living room redesign, but the Blade is ready to plug in and go so bit of thinking to do....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

About 35 is the required dosage 

I would try the AA ( and not the auto crowd)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Pints are excellent also
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 10:01pm
Have one of the blades ordered for the bar i put into the garage during lockdown they look the job 

I also looked at the perfect draft machine they have more options available for kegs (mostly available from the uk) but is a crowd in Ireland now selling them too. Still thinking about adding  it to the bar in the future 

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Pints are excellent also

What’s the company like, pick pocket situation?

Edited by Baldrick - 25 Sep 2020 at 11:04pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:33pm
thinking of getting one of those Phillip perfect draft machines.  Anyone tried one? Only small kegs but they do goose Island and a few other beers that I like.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
What's a kegorator?  Sounds like a robot who is sent back in time to get you pissed
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Have one of the blades ordered for the bar i put into the garage during lockdown they look the job 

I also looked at the perfect draft machine they have more options available for kegs (mostly available from the uk) but is a crowd in Ireland now selling them too. Still thinking about adding  it to the bar in the future 

Didn't take look for me to give in and but the perfect draft machine bought 1 from beergals with 3 kegs of Jupiter beer. Both it and the blade machine should be here by end of the week will review then which is better 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:00pm

Didn't take look for me to give in and but the perfect draft machine bought 1 from beergals with 3 kegs of Jupiter beer. Both it and the blade machine should be here by end of the week will review then which is better 

Am i missing something or are they charging €4 a pint? Understand its not cheap thought that was very pricey. Am looking at getting a set up like this, but unit cost is huge
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Am i missing something or are they charging €4 a pint? Understand its not cheap thought that was very pricey. Am looking at getting a set up like this, but unit cost is huge

Yeah when taking cost per pint into it they aren't working out much cheaper than the average cost of a pint. The cost of kegs has went up last number of months it seems for obvious reasons 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic