You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hockey Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 4:45pm
Will the victory parade be in Belfast or D4 ?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:05pm
Ireland getting hockeyed here
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 6:03pm
Now that the hockey is over can someone go ahead and get me the odds on the Irish to win the ping pong
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm
Well that sucked LOL
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 6:47pm
”Bandwagon comes to crashing Halt, Irish Devastated, Can’t wait for next Liverpool visit”
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 10:24pm
Silver medal. Brilliant achievement.  

Great year for women's sport in ireland 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 11:52pm
What time is the kick off at?  Just got in from Dealz with me bunting. 
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:20am
fair play to them. I hope they get the recognition their dedication deserves, by way of additional funding towards Tokyo 2020
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Well that sucked LOL
Not really, amateurs against pros.
Only ever gonna be one winner.
The Dutch were brilliant.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 4:16pm
Ross announces a €1.5m grant in front of the TV cameras and hockey girls, but its spread across all sports, what a t**ser.

hopefully he loses his seat at the next election, he is even more of a hypocrite than most other politicians, no where to be seen with bus, rail, ryanair strikes etc,  
I know nothing :-)
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Well that sucked LOL
Not really, amateurs against pros.
Only ever gonna be one winner.
The Dutch were brilliant.
Still sucks when you're hoping for an upset or surprise. Even though we all  knew the chances were pretty slim.But sometimes strange things happen.
Like South Korea knocking out the Gerries!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:03pm
I'd rate this as the Irish sports story of the year. The rugby crowd winning the grand slam was fine and all that, but they are a top 3 side and would be expected to go close in any given year. Given where the women came from as an amateur side and ranked second from bottom in the tournament, getting to a WC final was a phenomenal achievement.

I was in town yesterday afternoon and saw the homecoming in Dame Street. The girls were over the moon with the reaction and savouring every moment of it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:14pm
so Ross announces €1.5m in front on the girls and a week later its only €250k they are getting, 

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

so Ross announces €1.5m in front on the girls and a week later its only €250k they are getting, 

€500k. It’s better than nothing

I’ll be returning Ross top of the poll for this along with the €100k hockey pitch down the road from me. We’ll be worse as a constituency and a country when he retires
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

€500k. It’s better than nothing

I'll be returning Ross top of the poll for this along with the 100k hockey pitch down the road from me. We’ll be worse as a constituency and a country when he retires

So you approve of politicians saying one thing and doing another Wink.   

And welcome to the Dubs bandwagon, no doubt Mr Ross will get his favourite constituent a ticket for the final LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:22pm

He always said it was €1.5m for "sport", lots of lazy journalists misquoted him at the time as it being for "hockey" (but to be fair, he was saying it at a hockey event)
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:33pm

Have no issue with sport getting 1.5m.... but for a politician to walk in on a teams greatest day and to announce it, its not to reward them its to avoid criticism for underfunding sport in the country.

Again I dont have an issue with the amount but it had to have come from some budget, almost overnight so Ross can have his big moment in the Glory of someone else.

Edited by OohAah... - 13 Aug 2018 at 4:34pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Again I dont have an issue with the amount but it had to have come from some budget, almost overnight so Ross can have his big moment in the Glory of someone else.
It was like the time Charlie Hockey won the Tour de France.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic