You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hockey Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:32pm
I think we should all just sing Ireland's Call before games in Lansdowne anyway. Great song.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think we should all just sing Ireland's Call before games in Lansdowne anyway. Great song.

Now Harry, none of that fishing guff from you, doesn't suit you lad.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:27pm
IS it true they don't fly the tri-colour either?

On another note Miriam O'Callaghan said that they had lifted the whole nation. Anyone else feel anything because I didn't!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:35pm
Go Topes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

IS it true they don't fly the tri-colour either?

On another note Miriam O'Callaghan said that they had lifted the whole nation. Anyone else feel anything because I didn't!

A tad excessive but fair play to them. Ain't watched hockey previously and not gonna start now 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 8:12pm
Delighted for Shaw,myself and Gerk were great pals with him when we were kidsClapAlthough his accent has changed since thenShocked
He was also a top top footballer and could have made a career out of that rather then choosing the hockey

Edited by BigStrongMan - 03 Aug 2018 at 8:12pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 12:25am
I really find it hard to understand some people's objections to Ireland's call for sports with a 32 county team.

And I know anyone born in the 32 counties can play for us, but it is not a single team representing Ireland in soccer.

What concessions would people be willing to make to secure a United Ireland and a United Ireland Soccer team? Or should the unionists be the only people expected to make concessions?

Absolutely delighted for the Irish team, and while no involvement in Hockey myself both my niece and her hubby have represented Ireland, her at schools level, and him at full international level.

The commitment they make and the fact they pay to play makes their achievement so far even better.

I wish them the best of luck in the semi final and hopefully they can go all the way and win the tournament.
I know nothing :-)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:50am
Ireland's Call is an embarrassment. f**kin woeful song/anthem .

That has nothing to do with what it's used for btw .

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:52am
Agreed! The biggest objection is that it is a brutal song.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ireland's Call is an embarrassment. f**kin woeful song/anthem .

That has nothing to do with what it's used for btw .

I do have a problem that it's being used as a replacement national anthem. 

Play Amhrán na bhFiann or nothing. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 12:17pm
This thread is ridiculous, women have gone and achieved something very few, if any ,Irish players have done before and people getting worked up over a song, one which the team would have had zero say in. How about getting behind them instead?

Yes, it's a travesty of a song and nobody likes it but right now, there's little alternative. If we want all Ireland teams we've to recognise that unionists will be playing too and they're no more likely to stand to our anthem than we would for theirs, minor sacrifices have to be made for the good of moving forward. 
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

This thread is ridiculous, women have gone and achieved something very few, if any ,Irish players have done before and people getting worked up over a song, one which the team would have had zero say in. How about getting behind them instead?

Yes, it's a travesty of a song and nobody likes it but right now, there's little alternative. If we want all Ireland teams we've to recognise that unionists will be playing too and they're no more likely to stand to our anthem than we would for theirs, minor sacrifices have to be made for the good of moving forward. 

Very well said 
I know nothing :-)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:11pm
Rolling rolling rolling keep your wagon rolling
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 2:29pm
the Spanish ladies are far hotter
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 2:34pm

Exactly...Well made points as were GF. Sadly sacrifices have to be make and much bigger would have to be for a United Ireland and so be it
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Exactly...Well made points as were GF. Sadly sacrifices have to be make and much bigger would have to be for a United Ireland and so be it

Concessions:
1.  Nordie Tayto would replace the genuine thing down here in EIRE
2.  Orange march through Dublin each July
3.  Arlene Foster's face to appear on Irish 2 Euro coins, Sir Jeffrey on 1 euro coins.
4.  The GAA becomes known as a terrorist organisation.
5. GAA clubs to be set up in working class unionist areas with names to celebrate loyalists.  Billy Wright's GAA club and Michael Stone's Jaffas.  
6. Lord Kilclooney for President of EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

the Spanish ladies are far hotter
Global warming.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:41pm
just beat the Spanish on penalties. Fair play to them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic