You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hernia Surgery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hernia Surgery
    Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:12pm
So I am going for hernia surgery in the next few days and I am starting to absolutely sh*te myself. I have never even been in hospital let alone get surgery. Has anyone ever had this kind of surgery? Is it painful afterwards? Wh at is it like getting knocked out? I am using the EU cross border directive so getting it done in Kingsbridge Sligo. Anyone know it?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:56pm
Have had hernia surgery twice. Recovery quick first time, on my feet after few days though that was 8 years ago. Had op other side of groin 6 weeks ago and has taken full 6 weeks to feel right. Very sore for few days, hard to sitdown, stand, get in or out of bed etc. Worst is having your first sh*t after op, once thats outa da way you be sound but it gives ya the fear!
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Have had hernia surgery twice. Recovery quick first time, on my feet after few days though that was 8 years ago. Had op other side of groin 6 weeks ago and has taken full 6 weeks to feel right. Very sore for few days, hard to sitdown, stand, get in or out of bed etc. Worst is having your first sh*t after op, once thats outa da way you be sound but it gives ya the fear!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I read online that it would take 2 weeks but a guy at work was off for 5 weeks when he got his. I wasn't sure if he was milking it LOL funny the first sh*te has crossed my mind because I assume you are stitched afterwards? Were you put to sleep?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:25pm
From Derry and never been knocked out.. aye right pull the other one
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:34pm
told 2 weeks no lifting, 4 weeks light work only. Depends on age and job regards going back to work. I do groundwork so took no chance. I was knocked out for op, bit high for few hours after then pain kicked in as good drugs wear off. Yeah it took 4 days to sh*t, laxatives didnt even work. Id to take a day off the codeine. Fear is stitches bursting, some relief when they dont haha. Bollox was swollen too for few weeks so dont freak out over that either. Id first op in beaumont and this one here in manchester where they did a neater job with wound 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

From Derry and never been knocked out.. aye right pull the other one

LOL I do the knocking out Sham.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:44pm

told 2 weeks no lifting, 4 weeks light work only. Depends on age and job regards going back to work. I do groundwork so took no chance. I was knocked out for op, bit high for few hours after then pain kicked in as good drugs wear off. Yeah it took 4 days to sh*t, laxatives didnt even work. Id to take a day off the codeine. Fear is stitches bursting, some relief when they dont haha. Bollox was swollen too for few weeks so dont freak out over that either. Id first op in beaumont and this one here in manchester where they did a neater job with wound 

Thanks man appreciate it. Seems a few weeks then to get right. Swollen bollox and hard to sh*te- sounds bad but suppose could be a lot worse!! Just hope it goes well and never comes back!!!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Thanks man appreciate it. Seems a few weeks then to get right. Swollen bollox and hard to sh*te- sounds bad but suppose could be a lot worse!! Just hope it goes well and never comes back!!!

Just take it easy and you be sound

Edited by PaddyDaCulchie - 26 May 2019 at 10:58pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 7:21am

So I am going for hernia surgery in the next few days and I am starting to absolutely sh*te myself. I have never even been in hospital let alone get surgery. Has anyone ever had this kind of surgery? Is it painful afterwards? Wh at is it like getting knocked out? I am using the EU cross border directive so getting it done in Kingsbridge Sligo. Anyone know it?

I'm sure you will be fine bud.

I had a herina op and I was back at work in two weeks.

Though that might have been because I was onyl entitled to two weeks sick pay!

Wink
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 6:28am

How did the op go?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 2:18pm
I got the hernia op about 10 years ago, most people are walking around fine after a few days. I had a little pain for a bit longer than most. But after a week it was just a bit sore was grand overall 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

How did the op go?

Just got it done today after a few cancelations for unforeseen circumstances. Not too bad so far feeling sore but coming around. Getting knocked out was a really weird feeling but it was some job. Out like a light lol just take it easy now for a week or two. Staying in a hotel in Sligo tonight so heading there now. Not as sore as I thought itt would be but  I am dosed up on painkillers to be fair Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic