You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Health Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Health Insurance
    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 4:32pm
Couldn’t find this topic anywhere so started a new one.  If one already exists feel free to merge.  

On the topic of Health Insurance do people include their children on it and if you do have you ever had to use it, and If not have you got stung by not having it.  

Seems some get it for peace of mind but most health treatments are covered for children anyway.  Curious to know how ybiggers with kids got on.
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Couldn’t find this topic anywhere so started a new one.  If one already exists feel free to merge.  

On the topic of Health Insurance do people include their children on it and if you do have you ever had to use it, and If not have you got stung by not having it.  

Seems some get it for peace of mind but most health treatments are covered for children anyway.  Curious to know how ybiggers with kids got on.
Yeah kids are relatively cheap (200 each) so I threw them on. GP stuff is free for kids but anything hospital related is covered or gets money back. Mine have defeinitely used it anyway, 60 back for every A&E visit (from 100 fee), and they both spent a week in hospital in their times so they were covered. Not sure what the bill would have been if they weren;t covered.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah kids are relatively cheap (200 each) so I threw them on. GP stuff is free for kids but anything hospital related is covered or gets money back. Mine have defeinitely used it anyway, 60 back for every A&E visit (from 100 fee), and they both spent a week in hospital in their times so they were covered. Not sure what the bill would have been if they weren;t covered.

Ya what now?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Ya what now?

Free up to 8
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:35pm
Yeah I add the kids and dead handy for things like the swiftcare clinic. The lad has done his ankle in a few times over the years so handy to just rock up and not put hand in pocket. 

Kids are cheap to add on and the health insurance comes from source in my company so I really don't miss the gross money especially when if if I just decided that I wanted the benefit as cash it wouldn't be so much after tax and spent without bother. Peace of mind having the insurance is worth it. My company also pay me more money if I invest in health insurance for me and my family i.e. if I don't get health insurance, I dont get an extra benefit payment, if I invest in health insurance, I get 500 for every adult and 250 for every child. So for a 2500 premium I am only actually paying 1000 and it's 1000 from gross so only like 500 euro of my own. Maybe I wouldn't spend that in most years if I didn't have it but health insurance who the whole family for 500 euro is definitely Peace of mind 

Edited by t_rAndy - 03 Nov 2021 at 9:39pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:43pm
That is a serious perk in the job alright.  Knocking your health insurance bill by well over 50%. 

Yeah kids up to 8 are free to go to GP. So it really is only those A&E visits then. 

By the way are you sure that your health insurance comes off your gross.  I am nearly sure it comes off your net but it’s deducted at source.  

Edited by Baldrick - 03 Nov 2021 at 9:44pm
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:58pm

That is a serious perk in the job alright.  Knocking your health insurance bill by well over 50%. 

Yeah kids up to 8 are free to go to GP. So it really is only those A&E visits then. 

By the way are you sure that your health insurance comes off your gross.  I am nearly sure it comes off your net but it’s deducted at source.  

Potentially the part I pay myself is off the net. So 1000 then. I just pick me benefits and then take what I get in me pay packet Big smile

Edited by t_rAndy - 03 Nov 2021 at 10:00pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:00pm
Looking at this but haven't a bull's notion what I'm looking at. Where is the best place to get a reliable price? Just on the HIA website and haven't a clue what's going on
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Looking at this but haven't a bull's notion what I'm looking at. Where is the best place to get a reliable price? Just on the HIA website and haven't a clue what's going on
There's 2 ways of looking at Health Insurance IMO...
 - You get regular checkups etc and want to be covered for all of that
 - You're happy to pay regular checkups yourself and just be covered for the "emergency".

Second is obviously cheaper, that's what I always go for. Don't worry about the high tech hospitals and private rooms, a lot of people with fancy policies get to their high tech hospital only to be told we're full, off to standard hospital with you.

Search on HIA for 
- Private Hospital cover
- shared room

Anything there with a number in the name is an excess, you pay the first €200/500 yourself for any hospital stay, but cuts down a lot on the premiums. I'm on Benefit 1 FWIW, seemed the best for my situation. Had a few checks in recent years (MRI on ankle, Ultrasound of the liathroidi), had appointments for both within a week. Paid extra for them, but with health insurance you're top of the queue anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic