You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Haye v Klitschko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Poll Question: Who you up for?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
29 [43.94%]
37 [56.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

"If David Haye really wants to make himself look funny against me again, fine lets do it, only difference this time is I will knock him out"

Cant see Haye bottling it so a re-match is defo on the cards.

Hopefully Haye will be 100% fit this time, and doesn't fall victim to another crippling injury such as a broken finger nail or a runny nose...

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 5:02pm

"If David Haye really wants to make himself look funny against me again, fine lets do it, only difference this time is I will knock him out"

Haye dodged the Klitschko's twice before last night so he has form for doing so
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
St Ledger View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St Ledger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 8:40am
To b fair Haye has a point in the fact that the way he had to walk in2 the ring. He had to walk through the crowd who wer tryin to hassle him and everything and he took it well to b fair. No boxer of a fight of that magnitude should get that treatment, it was an absolute joke in my opinion . And of course Klitschko just strolled up to the ring not a bother on him
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ye sure he pulled out of fighting him 2 years ago complaining of a back injury didnt he!

In fairness to haye the bit of banter before the fight was good entertainment and helped drum up the interest in the fight

What transpired during and after the fight is bollox though- would he not just take the defeat like a man?

Haye is too small to beat klitshko- he is over 2 stone lighter and 4 inches shorter- how exactly does he think he will beat him? Klitschko landed twice as many punches but thats all down to a broken toe i suppose- pathetic
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:31am
in fairness to haye he has come out this morning and admitted he was beaten by a better man and that all his talking turned out to be bluff
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ye sure he pulled out of fighting him 2 years ago complaining of a back injury didnt he!

In fairness to haye the bit of banter before the fight was good entertainment and helped drum up the interest in the fight

What transpired during and after the fight is bollox though- would he not just take the defeat like a man?

Haye is too small to beat klitshko- he is over 2 stone lighter and 4 inches shorter- how exactly does he think he will beat him? Klitschko landed twice as many punches but thats all down to a broken toe i suppose- pathetic

In fairness, that logic doesn't always work in boxing though. Hayes won the title by beating 7ft2 and 144kg Nikolai Valuev. He won it on points though as it would be near impossible to knock out a man the size of Valuev LOL

It was a controversial decision by the judges though, and as we all know boxing promoters and judges have done many a deal under the table. The Haye fight was always certain to be a good money spinner due to the UK tv coverage, media interest and crowd. Haye done well in that part, albeit very annoyingly! Angry

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:54am
In fairness steve that valuev lad is just a freak- he isnt at all toned and is extremely slow- he has also beaten no decent fighters

Klithsko was in peak condition and was very quick and accurate with his jabs- sure haye hadnt a hope- the guy has a 3 inch reach advantage- is no slouch- is in peak condition and has over 2 stone of pure muscle more than haye
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:06am

In fairness steve that valuev lad is just a freak- he isnt at all toned and is extremely slow- he has also beaten no decent fighters

Klithsko was in peak condition and was very quick and accurate with his jabs- sure haye hadnt a hope- the guy has a 3 inch reach advantage- is no slouch- is in peak condition and has over 2 stone of pure muscle more than haye

Very true Ken, he's some freak! But quality can always overturn a weight and height advantage. That's the great thiong about fght sports.

Hayes however does not have that kinda quality and Klitschko is a mark above him easily. Saying that, I wasn't too impressed with this Klitschko fight, but shows how easily he was able to deal with him.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:12am
The heavyweight division is weak compared to what it used to be like, Haye was built up as the best challenger (and by some delusionists the greatest fighter in the world) but in truth at heavyweight he has beaten 5 or 6 average/poor fighters

likewise Klitschko has held the belt for 8 years, but he hasnt had much to beat, he's the best of a mediocre bunch compared to the greats that used to be in the heavyweight division
he was certainly a level above Haye on Saturday anyway

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Klitschko on points/ decision - 10/3

Put your house on it!

I trust you all put your house on iit...

9/2 in the end! Madness!

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Very true Ken, he's some freak! But quality can always overturn a weight and height advantage. That's the great thiong about fght sports.

Hayes however does not have that kinda quality and Klitschko is a mark above him easily. Saying that, I wasn't too impressed with this Klitschko fight, but shows how easily he was able to deal with him.
He's that much of a freak the 2 Klitscko brothers have continually avoided fighting him. He has been in-active since the Haye loss and just checked the list of rankings for the wbc, wbo, wba & ibf and he has slipped of the ranking lists of all but 1 of them. Some seriously bad fighters ranked in the top 3 of most of the organisations so expect the heavyweight division to be crap for the next year or two until Mike Perez(wbc rated 40Shocked) gets his shot Clap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 12:59pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 1:35pm
Only seeing today that it was actually his little toe. I assumed that it was his big toe which would cause him to be a bit off balance.

This Haye chap is unreal - somebody should give him a wolly pop.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 5:49pm
z

Edited by fear-glas - 20 Nov 2020 at 12:28am
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by fear-glas fear-glas wrote:

I see Klitschko's next opponent will be the winner of the Derek Chisora/Tyson Fury fight. Would love to see Klitshko and Haye in a rematch because I reckon Haye froze on the night against Klitschko. He didn't expect Klitschko's jab to be so quick, the reach and height advantage was also evident. Haye got his tactics all wrong and didn't know what to do when he wasn't able to get inside. In fairness he made it easy for Klitschko who didn't have to go after him and take any risks, all he had to do was work and jab as Haye was doing nothing.
You serious Shocked when I checked the rankings of the top 4 organisations earlier neither fighter was in the top 10 in any. Chagev(dunno if spelt correct) should be number 1 contender on a few and a few yanks are no1 contender. There's no way even Sky would pay to show a fight like that on the normal sports station so personally dont see the financial sense in a fight like that for Klitschko, at least Vitalli is chasing the big bucks fighting Adamck next in september in Poland
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:08am
Tyson Fury is some fighter. 6'9 he is!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 3:22am
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 4:56am
quality, really starting to like this guys way of doing things LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic