You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you had Covid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Poll Question: Just a Yes or No
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
50 [53.19%]
44 [46.81%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

It'll be around 80% Murphy by February
We have to wait and see Ziffy 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:01pm
coughing up a lung but seems to be a severe chest infection as had 3 negative tests 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

coughing up a lung but seems to be a severe chest infection as had 3 negative tests 

Probably the only time in your life you have coughed up for anything.  

AKA pedantic kunt
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:20pm
The number of people that have had covid is probably much higher, we just don't know it cause they were asymptomatic and never got tested. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 12:17am
Did anyone have a sore eye as a symptom?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 9:22am
Tested positive this morning. Anyone have any tips for riding this out?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 9:30am
Would all depend on how severe your symptoms are.

Few pals of mine treated it as a week off from both work and the kids as they were fine. Holed up in the spare room, food deliveries, netflix, pullin stomach off themselves, sport, betting. 

This was the omicron variant too.

Still havent caught it myself despite being surrounded by people with it. Would like to see the above poll done for present day. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 10:03am
Had it a few weeks back, symptomatic Sunday to Sunday, the first 2/3 days were the worst (but by no means serious) after that it was just tiredness and coughing then till the following Sunday. So literally 7 days, no after affects & no one else in the house got it. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 10:10am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Would all depend on how severe your symptoms are.

Few pals of mine treated it as a week off from both work and the kids as they were fine. Holed up in the spare room, food deliveries, netflix, pullin stomach off themselves, sport, betting. 

This was the omicron variant too.

Still havent caught it myself despite being surrounded by people with it. Would like to see the above poll done for present day. 

I'll get on this course of treatment straight away. Thank you Dr McG
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 10:45am
The boredom is the biggest challenge. Trying to stay in your room for 10 days or whatever it is is a killer.

I struggled with it, after day 3 - just blanked it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 11:42am
only two of us here. So didn’t bother staying in room. Wife got it about two days after me. Handy to have it together and was over Christmas so didn’t miss anything. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 11:44am
Me and the young fella got it two weeks ago. Didn't go out of the house much but we weren't exactly isolating in a room. Just lived normally and my wife never got it. 
Her mum also minded our son one day all day as we had no other options and had to go somewhere and her Mum didn't get it. 

strange one
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 11:58am
I was in a house with 17 others from 1pm to 11pm on 2 consecutive days and no one got it. (Christmas day and Stephens Day)

A neighbour of mine was positive (he didn't know he had COVID) and had all his family around and every person that was in his house got it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 3:31pm
Bad for two days as said above, I had fever and a cough but these cleared up, had night sweats too for around 4 days, wake up in the middle of the night and the sheets would be soaked. Paracetamol doesn't do much so just plenty of water and vitamin c. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 4:48pm
Got it a couple weeks back, was off work for a day and a half (should have milked more out of it) and a bit bad with headaches and cough, but then went away. for a week or so i was more easily tired than normal and that was it. All in all not too bad
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

It'll be around 80% Murphy by February
We have to wait and see Ziffy 

Well I had it but can't change my vote
It would damage this forums' reputation
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 8:19pm
No haven't got it but had siblings who got it.

Thankfully, I haven't as I really don't know how I could cope with being holed up for so long (plus my room has no TV Stern Smile
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 11:07am
I just tested positive this morning, didn't feel good Sunday, very bad Monday and was on the mend by yesterday evening. Still have a little bit of a headache and the chills but nothing too severe. I reckon I'll be grand by Friday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic