Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Redknapp/QPR Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:16pm
That's 'case in point' McG. Thumbs Up

John Terry isn't on six figures, most places that mention a wage suggest 60k, although there were rumours that Birmingham offered a 100k. 

Whatever about Downing, whatever he is paying Keane and Cole is likely to be too much.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
E-penis! Brilliant. Can you get them in different flavours? Will they be banned in the pubs?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:21pm
Ok, for a start, Terry isn't on 6 figures. Even if he was, that does not mean that Cole or Keane would be. Like Territorial said, if it was about big wages on offer, Birmingham wouldn't even be in the picture
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's 'case in point' McG. Thumbs Up

John Terry isn't on six figures, most places that mention a wage suggest 60k, although there were rumours that Birmingham offered a 100k. 

Whatever about Downing, whatever he is paying Keane and Cole is likely to be too much.

For all intensive purposes
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:25pm
E Penis

Robbie was on about £50k near the end of his Galaxy contract, he won't get anywhere near that with Birmingham.
Terry is not on £100k and I'm not even sure of the relevance.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:25pm

E-penis! Brilliant. Can you get them in different flavours? Will they be banned in the pubs?
Can just see the scene fella asking the barman "can i plug my e-penis into your socket for a minute" 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Ok, for a start, Terry isn't on 6 figures. Even if he was, that does not mean that Cole or Keane would be. Like Territorial said, if it was about big wages on offer, Birmingham wouldn't even be in the picture
Well, the rumour is that they did offer more than Villa but EBJT was more interested in Villa, maybe an option of a coaching rule or bonuses if they go up? I think Birmingham are on the cusp of craziness though, it does 'appen when you employ 'arry.

I think Keane and Cole, if they do sign, will be on more money than they're worth now.

Edited by pre Madonna - 17 Sep 2017 at 7:50am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Bore off Terri please.

Everyone knows 'Arry pays well over the odds for players well past their peak. It's what he is.
As Brian Clough always used to say, no manager ever signed a player - it's always the Chairman's signature on the cheque.

So if the Brum owners either don't know the players' "true" value, or don't take expert advice as to that value, but just go ahead and accept whatever Harry suggests, then that's their problem, not his.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

But he won't be paying for them. The majority if not all of them are free agents so what's your point?

So he won't be paying wages? Ashley Cole was on 6 figures at Galaxy. Paying 6 figure wages for a 36 year old would be classified as paying over the odds. 

Don't try to turn full idiot this week Dinny.

Of course he'll be paying wages. But if Ashley Cole was still being offered six figures by LA, he'd still be there. But obviously he isn't.

Similarly, if a bigger and/or better team than Brum were offering him something close to it, he'd go to them.

Therefore if he should end up at Brum, then it will be nearer their terms than his. Or haven't you ever heard the term "buyer's market"?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:29pm

They will not be on 6 figures in the championship. You do this sh*te everytime you are caught out and change the meaning of what you said. There's only one idiot here and it's you.

John Terry is.. What's stopping Ashley Cole from being the same? Change the meaning of what I said, what did I exactly change? Paying over the odds is exactly how it is.

God you're an absolute muppet you are
Terry is stepping straight from the Champions of England. And there is no evidence to suggest that Brum offered him £100k+ per week - otherwise he'd be there now.
So what on earth makes you think Brum will pay a six figure wage to someone who would be stepping straight from the team who were 6th in the MLS last season?

P.S. Has Cole actually signed for Brum yet? And if so, do we know what wage he's on? Anyone? No?

Edited by Territorial - 16 Jul 2017 at 5:34pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:34pm
E penis

Coyne take a bow son
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

But he won't be paying for them. The majority if not all of them are free agents so what's your point?

So he won't be paying wages? Ashley Cole was on 6 figures at Galaxy. Paying 6 figure wages for a 36 year old would be classified as paying over the odds. 

Of course he'll be paying wages. But if Ashley Cole was still being offered six figures by LA, he'd still be there. But obviously he isn't.

Similarly, if a bigger and/or better team than Brum were offering him something close to it, he'd go to them.

Therefore if he should end up at Brum, then it will be nearer their terms than his. Or haven't you ever heard the term "buyer's market"?

Contradicting yourself there Terry, either the board are paying the wages or Redknapp is. He either is involved or he isn't!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:16pm

Of course Brum will be paying wages for players recommended by Redknapp. But if Ashley Cole was still being offered six figures by LA, he'd still be there. But obviously he isn't.

Contradicting yourself there Terry, either the board are paying the wages or Redknapp is. He either is involved or he isn't!
Fixed

But give yourself a pat on the back anyhow....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:27pm

Of course Brum will be paying wages for players recommended by Redknapp. But if Ashley Cole was still being offered six figures by LA, he'd still be there. But obviously he isn't.

Fixed

But give yourself a pat on the back anyhow....
Surely wanting clarity isn't something to condescend about? It made no sense when written as such and undermined your first argument, but you are excellent at undermining your own arguments. I will give you that.

Anyway, like I say, most places are reporting Terry to be on 60k a week, this site here says his whole deal is 4 million for the year, including bonuses, which would be 75k a week all in. I would imagine there is a hefty bonus if they go up, so that would tie in.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:39pm

Surely wanting clarity isn't something to condescend about? It made no sense when written as such and undermined your first argument, but you are excellent at undermining your own arguments. I will give you that.
Give yourself an extra pat...

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:41pm

Give yourself an extra pat...

Looking well there Terry, got a bit of a tan.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:14pm
E penis . You were battered McG
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
Sacked
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic