Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 93>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Him coming back doesn't fit with the narrative peddled by some on here that he was only looking for an easy way out.
Ah look what has crawled outta de woodwork another fckin apologist LOL
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 6:57pm
A thinly veiled attack on Arter?

'There's a lot of crybabies out there' - Roy Keane says players need to get on with it despite manager rows:

'I’m talking about players in general. Players who get upset with a manager, or a coaching staff, and think I’m not going to train properly because somebody upset me, there’s a lot of crybabies out there, lots of crybabies.'
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

A thinly veiled attack on Arter?

'There's a lot of crybabies out there' - Roy Keane says players need to get on with it despite manager rows:

'I’m talking about players in general. Players who get upset with a manager, or a coaching staff, and think I’m not going to train properly because somebody upset me, there’s a lot of crybabies out there, lots of crybabies.'
How fckin true, he is spot on, but the sky sport era brigade won’t concur
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:39pm
Yeah, they would be better off doing what Roy did and not play for 2 years. Far better way of dealing with it LOL.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:43pm

“When you walk out on that pitch, you’re playing for your pride, you’re playing for your family, you’re playing for your city, whatever it may be. Don’t get that worried about what the manager said about you or the coaching staff. You get out there and play.

“You can fall out after the match, but when the game’s going on, liven up, play with pride, play with energy, play with spirit. Hopefully play with a bit of a skill, but you can’t always play with skill, you can have a bad day, but on your bad days you roll up your sleeves and you fight for that jersey and don’t get distracted by the balloons out there.”

I just find Keane a total hypocrite.  The man who would sulk around team hotels and walked out because the manager said he faked an injury which he did.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:56pm
He has been a hypocrite many times, no doubt, but I'm not sure how this is an example of it? I thought that the one thing he couldn't be accused of was shirking on the pitch?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He has been a hypocrite many times, no doubt, but I'm not sure how this is an example of it? I thought that the one thing he couldn't be accused of was shirking on the pitch?

Keane was a battler on the pitch no doubt about it. I just find him a hypocrite in so many ways.  He claims being accused of injury is the worst insult of all yet he tells players to get on with it and not let what the manager says to them get to themConfused

He went loco at Arter for sitting out training (on team doctors advice!) and for pulling out of games yet he pulled out of every friendly going and didn't even bother telling the manager and hoped Mick Byrne would pass on a coded message.  He pulled out of Iran away with the tie still up for grabs upon Ferguson's insistence.  Refused the call up in 2003 when Kerr asked him to play in friendlies as well as competitive.

He is just a parody of himself these days. sl*gged off Charlton big time in his book for his long ball game yet stands over the utter garbage he and MON serve up every game where the ball is sent into orbit at every opportunity and we employ Wimbledon bully boy tactics hoofing it up to our version of John Fashanu.  He sl*gged off Maurice Setters training sessions and also Carlos Quiroz's methods yet he stands over by what are all accounts a joke of training sessions with Ireland.

Edited by Trap junior - 04 Oct 2018 at 8:12pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:23pm
I'm not denying he is a hypocrite,you just seemed to flag up an instance where his career holds up against his words.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:27pm

I'm not denying he is a hypocrite,you just seemed to flag up an instance where his career holds up against his words.

Not really.  He said don't let what the manager said get to you or words to that effect, and just get on with it which he didn't do in 2002.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:29pm
He was talking about on the pitch though.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Keane was a battler on the pitch no doubt about it. I just find him a hypocrite in so many ways.  He claims being accused of injury is the worst insult of all yet he tells players to get on with it and not let what the manager says to them get to themConfused

He went loco at Arter for sitting out training (on team doctors advice!) and for pulling out of games yet he pulled out of every friendly going and didn't even bother telling the manager and hoped Mick Byrne would pass on a coded message.  He pulled out of Iran away with the tie still up for grabs upon Ferguson's insistence.  Refused the call up in 2003 when Kerr asked him to play in friendlies as well as competitive.

He is just a parody of himself these days. sl*gged off Charlton big time in his book for his long ball game yet stands over the utter garbage he and MON serve up every game where the ball is sent into orbit at every opportunity and we employ Wimbledon bully boy tactics hoofing it up to our version of John Fashanu.  He sl*gged off Maurice Setters training sessions and also Carlos Quiroz's methods yet he stands over by what are all accounts a joke of training sessions with Ireland.

Hey buddy, just to comment on this. Roy was a manager himself. I don't think any team he managed played hoof ball to be honest. At times maybe, but the majority from what I remember was to have a go. Look a lot will come out when they're gone but I don't think he has a say on tactics. MON calls the shots, I think that is fairly evident. So what you say, Keane should walk if the style is sh*t? Maybe Roy enjoys being in and around the Irish camp. Maybe he enjoys trying to motivate the players against sides we get told we can't beat. Like without going too deep, Charlton hoofed the ball with a side capable of beating anyone on their day. Everyone who knows football agrees. I'm not arguing with you. I see what MB has done at Leeds, Frank at Derby etc but MON is the dictator here. I fully believe Roy is just learning, trying to get better. I may be wrong but that's what I feel. 

Edited by kearney304 - 05 Oct 2018 at 9:12am
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:34am
glad to see him back in the fold.ClapClapClap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 7:56pm
Only seeing this now. 

I know he hasn't been great for us but l glad he's back in the squad. He's playing regularly and he's needed. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hey buddy, just to comment on this. Roy was a manager himself. I don't think any team he managed played hoof ball to be honest. At times maybe, but the majority from what I remember was to have a go. Look a lot will come out when they're gone but I don't think he has a say on tactics. MON calls the shots, I think that is fairly evident. So what you say, Keane should walk if the style is sh*t? Maybe Roy enjoys being in and around the Irish camp. Maybe he enjoys trying to motivate the players against sides we get told we can't beat. Like without going too deep, Charlton hoofed the ball with a side capable of beating anyone on their day. Everyone who knows football agrees. I'm not arguing with you. I see what MB has done at Leeds, Frank at Derby etc but MON is the dictator here. I fully believe Roy is just learning, trying to get better. I may be wrong but that's what I feel. 

I watched Sunderland under Keane. They weren't a long ball team in fairness but they didn't stand out in any way either.  Never really watched Ipswich under Keane.  So yes it is MON's hoofball tactics.  But if as you say he is there learning off MON (i'm not sure what he can learn off him tbh bar team talks) then surely to God he must be disgusted at the training and tactics? He was a manager 12 years ago. I'm not sure you can excuse him at this stage saying he is learning the ropes. he's getting long in the tooth these days.  I can't understand how he could walk out of a world cup because the footballs arrived a day late for an acclimatisation and relaxation week, sl*g off Charlton and Setters training, yet be happy to be associated with the shambles at the moment where there is no video analysis, no time for working on set pieces etc..  Whatever happened to ''fail to prepare, prepare to fail''? that he liked to say in his book?  We do feck all preparation and then name the team an hour before kick off and the players have to sk each other what positions to play in and what formation.  I don't think that is good preparation.

It reminds me of a politician who tells everyone the man in government is doing it all wrong and if he were in power he would do a great job and do x,y,z etc  but does nothing when he gets elected.

Edited by Trap junior - 07 Oct 2018 at 8:21pm

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:33pm
I wonder will the artful dodger be up for a bit of training this week........
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I wonder will the artful dodger be up for a bit of training this week........

Still talking the talk with proverbial pie on your face I see? LOL
We're decent enough..
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 9:16pm
He’s probably one our best midefielders so glad to have him back. We’ll probably get McLean and Long in the centre or some other mad combo next week.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

He’s probably one our best midefielders so glad to have him back. We’ll probably get McLean and Long in the centre or some other mad combo next week.

He has to be be confirmed in the final squad yet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 93>
  Share Topic