You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 93>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 12:22am
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:04am
Unsurprising that Whelan's thread is the one bumped and this lad gets a free pass. He was f**king horrendous yesterday, as bad a performance as I have ever seen in an Ireland shirt.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:07am
Agreed.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:12am
Ironically another young holding midfielder playing sh*te while playing next to Glenn Whelan, coincidence how Harry's only good performance in this campaign came against Austria when Glenn came off injured?

Edited by Cathalthesmart - 03 Sep 2017 at 9:12am
Hi Lads
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Ironically another young holding midfielder playing sh*te while playing next to Glenn Whelan, coincidence how Harry's only good performance in this campaign came against Austria when Glenn came off injured?
It's like rain on your wedding day.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:46am
Ye its not enough to let your country down, Whelan then goes and makes his midfield comrade play badly out of pure spite so as to make himself look less bad, the shame of the man......
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:59pm
Arter was poor last night and should no way escape criticism.

Whelan sits to deep and doesn't press at all so straight away Georgia had our number as their holding midfielder pushed up to have a 3 vs 2 situation in midfield.

Not to mention the hoof ball tactics we deployed kept giving Georgia the ball back!

Had we actually went with a structured 4-4-2 with Whelan pushing up alongside Arter and Walters/Long occupying their defenders we could have pressed from the front, having Whelan sitting when they had 1 up top was shocking from O'Neill.

But all in all tactics and system were dreadful and if anyone is to blame it's O'Neill as bad as the players were. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:11pm
He's had one good competitive game for us - albeit that he's not started many tbf. Was dire against Austria as well. Needs to step up.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:27pm
Arter impressed me vs Holland in the friendly but since then I think he's been poor. Seems to drift out of games a la McCarthy/Hendrick.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:37pm
Only seems to play well for Bournemouth
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pepper67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:42pm
i dont like him..period
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by pepper67 pepper67 wrote:

i dont like him..period

Your time of the month?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:05pm
Has it occurred to anyone that it may not be a huge coincidence that our central midfielders rarely seem to impress regardless of who plays there? Might have something to do with 90% of balls going straight over their heads.... Hard to impress when you aren't permitted to do anything particularly impressive.
We're decent enough..
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Has it occurred to anyone that it may not be a huge coincidence that our central midfielders rarely seem to impress regardless of who plays there? Might have something to do with 90% of balls going straight over their heads.... Hard to impress when you aren't permitted to do anything particularly impressive.

That's true.

It's also true that if the instructions coming from the management team are to pump the ball forward then these failing midfielders should be able to get up the pitch to support and get the 2nd balls . Which they clearly aren't doing. The one time that did happen yesterday James McClean nearly scored.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 03 Sep 2017 at 5:13pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:13pm
Or is the reason successive managers have opted to bypass midfield a result of a lack of quality players there?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Meyler was fine against Wales. And even then he wasn't special, he simply just retained the ball.

Imagine that! A central midfielder who does what he's supposed to do.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:10pm
"Rarely" is the operative word. McCarthy, Meyler, Arter, O'Kane, Gibson, Hendrick, Whelan, Brady etc. have all had good petformances, but more often than not they are are quiet. I'm positing that much of that inactivity is by design rather than by lack of ability.
We're decent enough..
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Or is the reason successive managers have opted to bypass midfield a result of a lack of quality players there?

So you're saying Georgia have quality players there?
Hi Lads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 93>
  Share Topic