You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardy Bucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardy Bucks
    Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 8:56pm
anyone else see it? Great laugh. Want to see the movie from 2012 now. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:23pm
Awful.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Awful.
You're being very generous! 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:39pm
 I liked the first series, gets bad after that the movies as bad as it gets
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:52pm
Was better when it was on Youtube , Down hill once RTE got there hands on it . 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:53pm
Aside from 'Paths to Freedom', has RTÉ ever made a comedy that wasn't embarrassing?
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:59pm
Sarah & Steve was decent 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:36pm
the savage eye and soupy norman were brilliant 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

the savage eye and soupy norman were brilliant 
Soupy Norman was great alright and the Savage Eye certainly had its moments. Some of it was brilliant. I guess I was thinking more of sitcoms though. RTÉ have churned out nothing but sh*te in this area.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:50pm
Paths To Freedom was probably RTE's best sitcom.Nineteen years ago now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Paths To Freedom was probably RTE's best sitcom.Nineteen years ago now.
What's the second best though? With the greatest of respect to 'Paths to Freedom', which was excellent, every other sitcom has been atrocious. Even the one Graham Linehan wrote that was on RTÉ 2, it may have been called 'The Walshes', was memorably bad. It isn't as if he can't write comedy! So there must be something going on there.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 11:05pm
This article on the RTE website last year could only list 5 and father Ted somehow wins it when RTE refused to make it. Confused

Edited by TonyNotJack - 28 Apr 2019 at 11:08pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

This article on the RTE website last year could only list 5 and father Ted somehow wins it when RTE refused to make itConfused

That isn't true, it was never pitched  to RTÉ at all.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 11:19pm
You're right,PM, according to this Graham Linehan interview.

It seems to have become some kind of old wives' tale..."I’m still fighting against this idea that RTÉ turned down Father Ted – which they didn’t."

Edited by TonyNotJack - 28 Apr 2019 at 11:34pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Sarah & Steve was decent 

Clap

Hardy Bucks was funny when it was on YouTube. As was said, it went rapidly downhill after RTE got it. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 10:23am
Generally agree on everything said, especially Paths to Freedom which was brilliant. I've actually enjoyed The Hardy Bucks tv series though, never saw the film. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 12:24pm
Eddie Durkan has a podcast at the moment. Has interviewed people from the show. Enjoyed the interview with simcard.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:58pm
Hardy Bucks was good on RTE and the movies are much the same but done well. The Hardy Bucks Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic