You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hall/Front Door

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hall/Front Door
    Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 1:23pm
Need to replace the front door of the house, if anyone got this done recently how much did it cost ? Looking at a door for a standard 3 bedroom semi. Thanks.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 1:33pm
Paid 2,600 for a composite front door earlier in the year. In Castlebar. Had an arch with glass at the top so made it a bit awkward and probably more expensive

Makes a huge difference though
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 4:11pm
Yea got the same last year with glass side panel, glass is triple glazed and the hallway is a lot warmer tbh. Only thing I would say is don't get letterbox put in as draught come through, I put one of them boxes on wall beside the door.
Came in just under the 3k.
Get a low profile frame, it's a bit dearer but you don't trip over it

Edited by greenlad - 06 Nov 2023 at 4:13pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Yea got the same last year with glass side panel, glass is triple glazed and the hallway is a lot warmer tbh. Only thing I would say is don't get letterbox put in as draught come through, I put one of them boxes on wall beside the door.

Agree with this, don't get a letterbox.

Had a Palladio composite with triple glazing in two side panels done about three years ago for €2600 including installation.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 4:41pm
Yeah mine included installation and also didn't get a letter box
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 7:06pm
Thanks for the tips....something to think about.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 7:36pm
We went got ours via Munster Joinery. Think it was around that 2500-3000 mark too. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Agree with this, don't get a letterbox.

Had a Palladio composite with triple glazing in two side panels done about three years ago for €2600 including installation.

Exact same as above. Black palladio with two side panels for 2600. Install May 2022. They make a massive difference but really depends on those doing the install. I had a bit of a nightmare with the lad I had do it. Tried to pull a fast one on damaged beading and the silicone finish was poor. He was pulled up on both and corrected the issues but needless to say, he had to be chased and won’t be on his Xmas card list 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

We went got ours via Munster Joinery. Think it was around that 2500-3000 mark too. 

Great doors and windows, installation was a nightmare though. Absolutely thrown in, back door glass scratched, scuffed the front door and the keys are a pain in the hoop.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Great doors and windows, installation was a nightmare though. Absolutely thrown in, back door glass scratched, scuffed the front door and the keys are a pain in the hoop.
Built an extension about 15 years ago and the builder used Munster Joinery for the window/doors. Big chunk out of one of the patio doors. Rep from MJ arrived to inspect and said he’d have a guy come and fill it in Confused Had to insist it was a replacement door and not a bit of putty that would be the resolving of the issue. They are great though… once in one piece.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Built an extension about 15 years ago and the builder used Munster Joinery for the window/doors. Big chunk out of one of the patio doors. Rep from MJ arrived to inspect and said he’d have a guy come and fill it in Confused Had to insist it was a replacement door and not a bit of putty that would be the resolving of the issue. They are great though… once in one piece.

I got all the windows, back door, composite hall door and porch sliding door from MJ back in 2017. They outsource the installation which I didn't know as all the windows were delivered a few days before fitting and were just sitting out the back. We were lucky with the main fitter but some of his laborer's you wouldn't trust with any task without the main man there. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 11:43am
Funny enough the only issue I had with Munster Joinery was the guy doing the install. I had paid for the thumbturn lock when i ordered and while he was installing I noticed he hadn't added it. So I said "is there not supposed to be one of those turn lock thingys" and he goes (in his Waterford or something accent) "I'll be able to install one for ya for 20 quid". I was like "I already ordered and paid for it".
He went ahead and did it without charging me but some neck I thought the way he came out with it the request for 20 quid. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 07 Nov 2023 at 11:45am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 6:34pm
He chanced his arm with the €20 because you can bet your hole he’s done it before and gobshoite people pay it. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 6:44pm
Was it the scientist 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 7:41pm

Funny enough the only issue I had with Munster Joinery was the guy doing the install. I had paid for the thumbturn lock when i ordered and while he was installing I noticed he hadn't added it. So I said "is there not supposed to be one of those turn lock thingys" and he goes (in his Waterford or something accent) "I'll be able to install one for ya for 20 quid". I was like "I already ordered and paid for it".
He went ahead and did it without charging me but some neck I thought the way he came out with it the request for 20 quid. 
Hate pricks like that
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 8:38pm
you need a real pro when it comes to doors and windows cant be taking the risk you will throw more money ou the door on the heating cost  
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 9:37am
We got our front door with perfecthome.ie, Cork based crowd. Excellent service. Had heard too many horror stories about MJ. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

We got our front door with perfecthome.ie, Cork based crowd. Excellent service. Had heard too many horror stories about MJ. 

Did the BBC pay for the replacement?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic