Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Half of Dalymount Park becoming a Tesco

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 12:28pm
The preserving history line is a bit moot considering the whole kip is to be levelled. Does the question then not need to be asked as to why DCC aren't greenfielding in, say, the new DIT campus up the road?
Sponsored Links

Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 8:12pm
Just as one quarter of our country is not our country, shall one quarter of our stadiums not be a stadium.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The preserving history line is a bit moot considering the whole kip is to be levelled. Does the question then not need to be asked as to why DCC aren't greenfielding in, say, the new DIT campus up the road?

No, it clearly doesn't. What part of the stadium would need to be kept to fit your preserving history agenda? The only part that could remain is less than twenty years old ffs.

It's about the site but you already know that. The stadium has changed many times since it's been built, this is just the latest change in a long historical line.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:32am
We were told the reason it had to stay on that site was 'history'. On the basis every brick has to be taken down that argument is moot IMO. One of the problems with the Jodi was they kept the manky bars, offices and dressing rooms and built over them - some of the structures in the 20 year old stand are over 100 years old.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Just as one quarter of our country is not our country, shall one quarter of our stadiums not be a stadium.

Does a bastion of Dublin Unionism that is Her Majesties Bohemians not get a derogation from that requirement?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 12:25pm
Sleepy Sleepy Sleepy

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 2:13pm

We were told the reason it had to stay on that site was 'history'. On the basis every brick has to be taken down that argument is moot IMO. One of the problems with the Jodi was they kept the manky bars, offices and dressing rooms and built over them - some of the structures in the 20 year old stand are over 100 years old.

Could you not be happy that clubs in the league are actually getting improved facilities? 

Not only will your trips to Dalyer be improved from an away fans point of you, but if clubs like Bohs, Derry, Finn Harps, Shels etc all get their new stadiums and have improved facilities at their disposal it will help the league as a whole?

Believe it or not the LOI isn't just about Shamrock Rovers. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 2:43pm
Of course I am. I think its a disgrace what Bohs have let happen to the former home of Irish football and glad the state have stepped in to save the place. I will always have a soft spot for the stadium Rovers have won more trophies than Bohs in.
It is unfortunate that they have left it fall into such a state of disrepair that the whole place has to be levelled. If that is the case, I think a legitimate question from a taxpayers perspective can be asked as to whether a greenfield would have been better value for money.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 3:22pm

Of course I am. I think its a disgrace what Bohs have let happen to the former home of Irish football and glad the state have stepped in to save the place. I will always have a soft spot for the stadium Rovers have won more trophies than Bohs in.
It is unfortunate that they have left it fall into such a state of disrepair that the whole place has to be levelled. If that is the case, I think a legitimate question from a taxpayers perspective can be asked as to whether a greenfield would have been better value for money.

The gift that keeps on giving LOL
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 3:24pm
Feel free to pull me on any specifics. I think there is a legitimate question as to why a new stadium could not have been built in the new DIT campus a mile away for a fraction of the cost if the reason given to stay in Dalyer was 'tradition'.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 3:43pm
The greenfield argument probably does make sense from a black and white perspective. But then would the council get involved just to build a brand new ground for Bohs? They are talking about it being a local amenity for concerts and events but it's not like there's any shortage of those in the local/Dublin area. It sounds like that is spin to justify a very heavy investment.

And why wouldn't they have to build another one for Shels too? What's to stop some GAA club coming out of the woodwork and demanding a Co tenancy in a "public ammenity" same as when Tallaght County council stadium was being built?
In an ideal world Bohs wouldn't have sold off segments of Dalymount and it would be a straight forward redevelopment rather than reconstruction. But a greenfield site is hardly without its set backs.

Edited by Bitored - 07 Dec 2015 at 3:46pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 3:57pm
What's to stop the GAA sticking their oar in here?
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 4:02pm

They are already rotating the pitch because of site constraints, no one can argue there is space for a GAA pitch, unlike in a greenfield site where there's a blank canvass.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 4:16pm
They can argue for smaller stands like they did in Tallaght... Where does it say in the rules frivolous objections have to make sense? But then again there isn't a GAA club for about 5 miles so the narrative is different.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 4:23pm
Maybe Bohs wanted it as part of the deal for them to sell

Maybe the FAI wanted

what does it really matter, everyones happy except...

Edited by Shoco - 07 Dec 2015 at 4:23pm

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 4:48pm
Shels aren't happy. Some Bohs members aren't happy. Some local residents aren't happy.

Overall its a great deal for Bohs, as I have stated. Football remains there, which was not something they could have achieved themselves.
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 5:12pm
Wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank ..................
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:46am

An individual or organisation can pay to be an observer during the planning process.

There's a contract between Bohemian FC (and holding companies) and DCC.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic