You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness drinkers??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I've started to Drink the Black stuff the past 7 months can honestly say it's the nicest alcoholic drink I've ever had. Definitely an acquired taste though  and the next morning the need for a good aul sh*te is never as strong could we get a list of boozers in the capital that do great ones it I've tried very nice ones in the below please add a few Clap. Don't mention the storehouse.
Gravediggers Glasnevin just simply magnificent Heart
Brogans Dame Street 
Confession Box Marlborough Street
Kennedys Drumcondra

Walshe's in Stoneybatter. Absolutely tremendous pint Heart
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:22pm
Worked in a pub years ago.
4 Guinness taps.
The last one “No. 4” was used to top up the pints.
When a Guinness keg was empty, a funnel would be pushed into the top of the keg to get all the air/gas out.
Then the collection trays (that catch all the spilt beer/lager under the taps) would be poured into the keg using the funnel.
The keg would be reattached to No.4 and the pints would be topped up with this.
So if you are getting bad pints watch which taps they are using to pour and then top up.
Gross.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

4 Guinness taps.
When a Guinness keg was empty, a funnel would be pushed into the top of the keg to get all the air/gas out.
Then the collection trays (that catch all the spilt beer/lager under the taps) would be poured into the keg using the funnel.
So if you are getting bad pints watch which taps they are using to pour and then top up.
Gross.

Dead

Had 2 pints last night and they were skank imo. It's actually been about 3 months since I had a nice pint of the stuff.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I've started to Drink the Black stuff the past 7 months can honestly say it's the nicest alcoholic drink I've ever had. Definitely an acquired taste though  and the next morning the need for a good aul sh*te is never as strong could we get a list of boozers in the capital that do great ones it I've tried very nice ones in the below please add a few Clap. Don't mention the storehouse.
Gravediggers Glasnevin just simply magnificent Heart
Brogans Dame Street 
Confession Box Marlborough Street
Kennedys Drumcondra

The Dame Tavern
The Bankers
Ryans
Bowes
Chaplins
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:28pm
Have actually become a Guinness fan over the last few years used to hate it 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:38pm

4 Guinness taps.
Gross.

They were topping up pints of Guinness with lager spillover? That's pretty grim. 
El Puto Amo
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:45pm
I live in London and don't bother trying pints in random pubs anymore. The bar staff are all useless. I've found only 2 pubs that have consistent good guinness here, neither are convenient for me and I've lived here for 7 years. I always go back on the black stuff when I'm home. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:50pm

4 Guinness taps.
Gross.

That's outrageous DeadDead

Surely that can't be legal.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:51pm
Members Bar in Dalymount does a great pint of Guinness 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

I live in London and don't bother trying pints in random pubs anymore. The bar staff are all useless. I've found only 2 pubs that have consistent good guinness here, neither are convenient for me and I've lived here for 7 years. I always go back on the black stuff when I'm home. 

Try the Ramble Inn in Tooting.

Good Guinness and excellent service (which is unheard of in London).

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:58pm
Only drink it when i'm back home,  get a lovely pint in the knights in shannon.
I always thought that the guinness tasting different in england was a myth but it's absolute muck here, I've had a nice pint in Liverpool but nowhere else. No idea why.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Seconded. 
@AntrimMan85
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:15pm
Toners
Stag's Head
Grogans
Kehoes
Long Hall
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:18pm
Cummiskeys... 
Members bar Dalymount... 
Taveys
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:26pm
Steering Wheel in Clondalkin, Harkins next door to Guinness is good aswell. The standard in Leicester also does a great pint 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 05 Oct 2018 at 2:27pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Toners
Stag's Head
Grogans
Kehoes
Long Hall

Best pint in New York City.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Steering Wheel in Clondalkin, Harkins next door to Guinness is good aswell. The standard in Leicester also does a great pint 

Three great pubs for the black stuff Clap
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Cheers! Never been there. The 2 I know of are the Toucan in Soho and The Hop Pole in Wandsworth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic