You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness drinkers??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Havent found anywhere post covid doing pints under a fiver in Dublin. Average being €5.20 - €5.60 where I drink.

Before Covid couple places had pints for €4.20 - € 4.80.

Been a long time since I seen pints under €4 though, €3.90 is savage value.

Probably have to go back to peak recession times when the pubs couldn't get enough through the doors. My local done €3 mid week pints then, was great the Champions League nights. 3 pints and a packet of Bacon Fries for a tenner.
Pints a fiver in McDowells. Was the same in Croughs but that closed in the last month. Inchicore is best value for pints.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:00pm
I found the best way to save on the costs of pints was getting old and drinking less Cry
It would damage this forums' reputation
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:11pm
This €5.15, €5.20 bollox does my head in. Leave it a fiver. Cuts down on the coin cost for the pub as well.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Some prices here.

Lovely little spot. Down a small boreen on the Ring of Beara, sitting out overlooking the pier with the sunset in behind.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Havent found anywhere post covid doing pints under a fiver in Dublin. Average being €5.20 - €5.60 where I drink.

Before Covid couple places had pints for €4.20 - € 4.80.

Been a long time since I seen pints under €4 though, €3.90 is savage value.

Probably have to go back to peak recession times when the pubs couldn't get enough through the doors. My local done €3 mid week pints then, was great the Champions League nights. 3 pints and a packet of Bacon Fries for a tenner.
Pints a fiver in McDowells. Was the same in Croughs but that closed in the last month. Inchicore is best value for pints.

Shame it closed, was very cheap for pints considering. The Clock on Thomas Street does Guinness for 4.80 I think
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 10:21am
I think some places have increased the price of a pint 3 times since the first lockdown in March 2020.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 10:24am
This was posted in March so the prices shouldn't be much more today. 
Let Christy Take It.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:03am
My god Downey's still going.
Cabra was never well served with pubs. Has it changed ?
The Homestead if I went out with the Da (back in the 80s)

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

My god Downey's still going.
Cabra was never well served with pubs. Has it changed ?
The Homestead if I went out with the Da (back in the 80s)

Downeys I hear is a big Bohs stronghold nowadays....in Cabra the Oasis and Matt Whelans are gone, only Kennedys (McGraths) left in the west. Finbarrs GAA has been the winner with those closures. Agree the Homestead is the best pub in Cabra, although some cabra folk frequent the Breffni, Hole in the Wall or Cumiskeys up off the Navan Road. Others head down to Stoneybatter or the mess on McKee barracks.The Oasis, now that was some shop...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 7:04pm
always a lot of cabra heads in Hanlons too.
No Pasaran!
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 11:32pm
€4.40 for a superb pint of Guinness in Teach Mhicí, Gaoth Dobhair this weekend. 
The take away fish and chips was €6.50.
Ideal 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

€4.40 for a superb pint of Guinness in Teach Mhicí, Gaoth Dobhair this weekend. 
The take away fish and chips was €6.50.
Ideal 

My favourite pint around home is Sharkeys over in Annagry, but Teach Mhicí is a good one alright and can't beat the value with food definitely. Hope you enjoyed 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:26am
Do pubs in Dublin City still sell Harp at all?

It was easy enough to get around 2015 if you looked in the right pubs, but slowly but surely those pubs stopped selling it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:39am
It would be quite rare.

They've start selling Moretti and Corona on top in a lot of places now.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Do pubs in Dublin City still sell Harp at all?

It was easy enough to get around 2015 if you looked in the right pubs, but slowly but surely those pubs stopped selling it.

Are you trying to kill someone?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 11:06am
Nothing wrong with the pint of Harp up North
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 11:16am
Yeah, still popular here and still my favourite draught lager but harder to find pubs that serve it, used to be everywhere in its heyday. Virtually extinct across the border. Seems inexplicable but I assume there must be commercial reasons behind that, eg less young people drinking it, too much competition in the lager market, etc.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Yeah, still popular here and still my favourite draught lager but harder to find pubs that serve it, used to be everywhere in its heyday. Virtually extinct across the border. Seems inexplicable but I assume there must be commercial reasons behind that, eg less young people drinking it, too much competition in the lager market, etc.

HB had referenced Moretti which seems to be a lager of choice amongst a lot of people that I see. As I understand it the big blow to Harp was the introduction of beers like Carlsberg and Heineken in the 1990s (I think Budweiser would have also been popular). This meant to that people had alternatives that tasted different. Gradually more beers entered the market and Harp lost the race. I think it’s delicious when available.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic