You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Green White Orange" 1921-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

FAO BohsinMunich,

The book has *FREE SHIPPING* in Ireland so if you want it sent to a home address here that is no problem.

The book as I mentioned before is physically going to be a large book and I am told the finished book will be a 2KG parcel when dispatched in September and it will sent by a priority tracked shipping service worldwide. The cost to Germany for example for a 2kg parcel tracked and signed for is €21.

Eddie
Many thanks for the tip. Ordered.
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

FAO BohsinMunich,

The book has *FREE SHIPPING* in Ireland so if you want it sent to a home address here that is no problem.

The book as I mentioned before is physically going to be a large book and I am told the finished book will be a 2KG parcel when dispatched in September and it will sent by a priority tracked shipping service worldwide. The cost to Germany for example for a 2kg parcel tracked and signed for is €21.

Eddie
Many thanks for the tip. Ordered.

Thanks a million for the support Bohsinmunich.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:25pm
Eddie
Back home at the end of September till Sunday 3rd Oct. Hopefully the book arrives at the sister's in time.
No hassle as back in November.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:56am
I'm not good at tech stuff so can't post the link here (someone might be able to for me) of the recent video clip the FAI released to reveal their Centenary Year logo that showed some of the highlights from our history thru the prism of the actual shirts the Irish team has worn since 1921.

All the shirts used in the piece came from the "James Nolan Collection" and the piece was filmed in the Aviva Stadium. It was incredible to bring all those pieces of our story back to our home and see them hanging up in the dressing room.

A piece about the "Green White Orange" book will feature in the Serbia match day program also.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
This one I assume?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm
For the first time at senior international level since 1924 the Irish team will wear a blue jersey tonight v Qatar at the Aviva Stadium.💙

This Centenary shirt from Umbro Ireland marks the final unique kit style that features in my "Green White Orange" book about the history of the Ireland soccer shirt from 1921-2021.

Edited by irelandshirts - 12 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:23pm
You be able to get your hands on a player issue shirt from tonight?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 9:46am
Delighted to say the dust jacket cover for my "Green White Orange" 🇮🇪 book is complete and we are currently printing!

I hope people enjoy the book when they receive it. The book weighs 2kg and runs to 256 pages. I have tried to make a publication that does justice to our incredible kit history since 1921 and to honour all those who have worn our iconic shirt with pride. I really hope that readers will feel it is a special collector's piece to mark our Centenary.

Thanks to everyone who has pre ordered their copy. The support means alot. ☘️

Edited by irelandshirts - 23 Oct 2021 at 11:22am

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:55am
Father Ted | GIFGlobe
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Father Ted | GIFGlobe

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:29pm
There is a team photo of the EIRE team taken in Malta prior to qualifying for the world cup taken in November 1989.  In it they are all dressed in the 1988-89 shirt.  However the eagle eyed amongst us (i.e. me) spotted that Raymond Houghton and John Aldridge are actually wearing a different shirt to the rest of the team. It is the 1990 shirt but plain like the Euro 88 one with no boomerangs on it etc..

Pogue Ireland | Football and Music

Edited by Trap junior - 09 Nov 2021 at 11:32pm

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:53am

There is a team photo of the EIRE team taken in Malta prior to qualifying for the world cup taken in November 1989.  In it they are all dressed in the 1988-89 shirt.  However the eagle eyed amongst us (i.e. me) spotted that Raymond Houghton and John Aldridge are actually wearing a different shirt to the rest of the team. It is the 1990 shirt but plain like the Euro 88 one with no boomerangs on it etc..

Pogue Ireland | Football and Music

It would be very hard to tell from such of low resolution image given they are so subtle.

But that design you mention was actually a design worn against Israel in '87 prior to the '88 kit.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:05am
Yes I'd wager that is the jersey.  If you notice Houghton has a long sleeve jersey and so does Aldridge although its rolled up to his bicep to make it look short sleeve.  The mesh on the sleeve is absent and also the collar that the Euro 88 shirt has.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:22am
Good spot TJ! I take Badwagon’s point about resolution but I think there are enough differences to agree.

Interesting though if that shirt was in fact in circulation, what does it do to the story about the decoy jersey being put out in 1990?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Good spot TJ! I take Badwagon’s point about resolution but I think there are enough differences to agree.

Interesting though if that shirt was in fact in circulation, what does it do to the story about the decoy jersey being put out in 1990?

Was the ''decoy jersey'' not April 1989 but good point.  I think this finding is now up there with major discoveries of our time such as the moon landings being faked when they were in fact filmed on Portmarnock Beach at night.

There seemed to be a lot of protoype jersey designs floating around during the first few years of the Adidas reign for some unknown reason.  I've never known this of any other football team.

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:43am

Was the ''decoy jersey'' not April 1989 but good point.  I think this finding is now up there with major discoveries of our time such as the moon landings being faked when they were in fact filmed on Portmarnock Beach at night.

There seemed to be a lot of protoype jersey designs floating around during the first few years of the Adidas reign for some unknown reason.  I've never known this of any other football team.

Is the decoy jersey the Cork City style template with Guinness sponsor?

Where did the USA '94 jerseys with lace come from? Have seen a lot of fans wearing them in old videos and they don't seem to be too far off the actual shirt worn. Also, can anyone confirm how long we wore the '94 kit for? Seems to be a very short period.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Where did the USA '94 jerseys with lace come from? Have seen a lot of fans wearing them in old videos and they don't seem to be too far off the actual shirt worn. Also, can anyone confirm how long we wore the '94 kit for? Seems to be a very short period.

I would also be interested in hearing about this decoy jersey?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Yep! That was the ‘decoy’ one. And it seems there was a flood of them into the market, enough that in modern times if you look hard enough you’ll get one.

The 94 one was only worn between the pre USA 94 friendly matches and our exit from the tournament. IIRC some counties put their equivalent jersey in cold storage, reverted to the one they wore during WC qualification, and in 1995 pulled out their USA 94 one again. Bulgaria,Romania and Sweden spring to mind.

I remember the shirts with the laces. I thought they were just fan tops?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic