You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 102>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:10pm
Volos looks like a right pain in the arse to get to.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Think I will wait till it’s confirmed - Greeks don’t owe us any favours why shoukd they facilitate a large Irish crowd especially if they aren’t filling the stadium themselves  

I see the recent northern Ireland match was originally slated for volos but subsequently changed to Athens. They announced the venue just 6 weeks prior to the match.

I was reading the regulations document earlier, the venue must be selected and sent to UEFA at least 120 days before the match.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Think I will wait till it’s confirmed - Greeks don’t owe us any favours why shoukd they facilitate a large Irish crowd especially if they aren’t filling the stadium themselves  

I see the recent northern Ireland match was originally slated for volos but subsequently changed to Athens. They announced the venue just 6 weeks prior to the match.

I was reading the regulations document earlier, the venue must be selected and sent to UEFA at least 120 days before the match.

Are the rules different for the nations league because they announced the venue 5 to 6 weeks before the scheduled date of the match.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:22pm
booked the flight home the Monday night with Aegean. I know it’s during the Gibraltar match but feck it . Always wanted to see Athens so will do 4 nights . Might hang off booking flight over but will go indirect 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:22pm

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Are the rules different for the nations league because they announced the venue 5 to 6 weeks before the scheduled date of the match.

Yeah, the regulations can differ for each competition.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:23pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:26pm
So February at the latest. I can hang on till then.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:26pm
should be no issue with tickets for this one going by the recent attendances of the Greeks 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

should be no issue with tickets for this one going by the recent attendances of the Greeks 

It could be our only away this campaign that won't be oversubscribed and will count on away records
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 7:18pm
Pulled the trigger on flights to Athens. Fingers crossed its on there now.
Direct from Dublin on way over on the Tuesday with AL and home the Sunday via Amsterdam with KLM.
Worked out around €320. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Pulled the trigger on flights to Athens. Fingers crossed its on there now.
Direct from Dublin on way over on the Tuesday with AL and home the Sunday via Amsterdam with KLM.
Worked out around €320. 
Booked last night direct both ways over Aegean on wed, home aer lingus Saturday 250
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Diavol View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 9:18pm
Hi guys, Greek here. Awful draw for both teams but at least we got the advantage of a playoff spot and that's the real goal of the team.

Regarding which stadium we're gonna host the Irish team, we have recently moved from Olympiakos' ground because of a rivalry between Olympiakos and the federation and we don't play games there anymore. 

Oaka looks like the most probable case for me even though it's huge and we barely fill the half of it, afaik players don't seem to prefer it. 

There's also the new AEK stadium around which is based in Nea Filadelphia and I think it gets a huge chance to host some of this campaign's games.

Stadium which we hosted NIR is old and doubt we would use it in crucial games as well as every other stadium outside of Athens. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Got return flights with AL for 250e.
Direct? What days are you flying?

Yes direct. Going the Tuesday.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Diavol Diavol wrote:

Hi guys, Greek here. Awful draw for both teams but at least we got the advantage of a playoff spot and that's the real goal of the team.

Regarding which stadium we're gonna host the Irish team, we have recently moved from Olympiakos' ground because of a rivalry between Olympiakos and the federation and we don't play games there anymore. 

Oaka looks like the most probable case for me even though it's huge and we barely fill the half of it, afaik players don't seem to prefer it. 

There's also the new AEK stadium around which is based in Nea Filadelphia and I think it gets a huge chance to host some of this campaign's games.

Stadium which we hosted NIR is old and doubt we would use it in crucial games as well as every other stadium outside of Athens. 

Thanks for this! Any idea when they might decide?

Any chance of it being in Heraklion? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:17am

Thanks for the information.

The new AEK stadium looks fantastic, I would imagine that Greece might want to showcase it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:27am

So pretty much nailed on Athens ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:02am
Just checked his IP,it’s Tuff Paddy ffs!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:13am
The worst case scenario would mean a 3-5 hour drive if not Athens with many people in the same boat so probably plenty of options to get a bus together. Think i'll just take the risk on Athens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 102>
  Share Topic