You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 103>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichStrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 3:01pm
Hi folks I'm new to the forum, 

I am trying to gather some information for the game in Greece its been a few years since i've been to an away fixture due to living overseas. Do you think there will be much demand for the away ticket allocation? 
I am contemplating using Abbey travel if they arrange a tour to guarantee a seat, unless they are no longer the approved FAI tour operator. 

Thanks, 
Harry.
Sponsored Links

Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 11:29am
Someone ring the ticket office and find out where game is on
They've only gone and done it
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by RichStrike RichStrike wrote:

I am trying to gather some information for the game in Greece its been a few years since i've been to an away fixture due to living overseas. Do you think there will be much demand for the away ticket allocation? 
I am contemplating using Abbey travel if they arrange a tour to guarantee a seat, unless they are no longer the approved FAI tour operator. 

Thanks, 
Harry.
Greek support is sh!te, can't see ticketing problems 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Someone ring the ticket office and find out where game is on

The Greek Ticket Office preferably...LOL 
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 8:44pm

Thanks, 
Harry.
Abbey will fleece you and tell you to get your own ticket anyway. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 9:55pm

Thanks, 
Harry.

Do not get Abbey Travel. It will cost you hundreds more.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 10:57pm
Be zero issue with tickets for this game, register on away.fai.ie and you'll be set 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 10:35am
Why hasn’t this been sorted yet?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Why hasn’t this been sorted yet?
Bit of a piss take at this stage, 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:08pm
Booked Athens a while back for this but the lack of any sort of info has me panicking.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:40pm
Joke at this stage, we only booked Athens last week. Every time I checked it was getting more expensive.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:40pm
And I can't see anything being announced for another while after that train crash in the country.

Even without that, can UEFA do anything to sanction a national association that misses the 120-day deadline for announcing the venue?

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

And I can't see anything being announced for another while after that train crash in the country.

Even without that, can UEFA do anything to sanction a national association that misses the 120-day deadline for announcing the venue?

They don't have to announce it within 120 days, its they have to inform UEFA of the venue & for all we know they may well have.

UEFA allows associations to miss the 120 submittal date if they're doing ground improvement works for example, like Gibraltar did or if the stadium is awaiting UEFA sign off.

Greece are setting up camp just outside Athens for the March & June games and they're off to France after they play us. Can't see it being anywhere else 

Edited by wanderer - 02 Mar 2023 at 8:57pm
Paul_QPR View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_QPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:49am
Hi everyone, I am new to posting to the forum but I have been keeping a eye on this thread. My contact at the FAI ticket office told me this morning that:

"I was led to believe Greece are announcing it this week, so hopefully there’s some news today". 

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 10:59am
Where else have they played? Thessalonaki during covid, anywhere else?
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Where else have they played? Thessalonaki during covid, anywhere else?

Volos
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 2:31pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

AEK Athens new stadium OPAP expected to be confirmed today for all Greece EURO 2024 games.

https://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/ellada/ethniki-elladas/gallia-kai-ollandia-stin-opap-arena-i-epo-tin-egkrinei-os-edra-tis-ethnikis/
1500 away tickets approximately then
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 103>
  Share Topic