You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Grant demands apology from Eboue over Terry tackle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGrant demands apology from Eboue over Terry tackle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grant demands apology from Eboue over Terry tackle
    Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 12:59pm

Avram Grant described Ashley Cole as a model of contrition yesterday and suggested that it is Arsenal, not their former defender, who lack respect for failing to apologise for the tackle that put John Terry in hospital when Chelsea lost to their rivals in December.

The sides meet again tomorrow at Stamford Bridge and with Liverpool also facing Manchester United it promises to be a significant day at the top of the Barclays Premier League. Terry has recovered, but other wounds are clearly not healed after the fractious derby encounter in which Emmanuel Eboué was only booked for a challenge that broke three bones in the Chelsea captain's foot.

Grant, the Chelsea first-team coach, contrasted Arsenal's public silence with Cole's statement of regret on Thursday for his conduct during the 4-4 draw with Tottenham Hotspur the previous night, in which he launched into a reckless challenge on Alan Hutton and then turned his back on Mike Riley, the referee. “Someone sent our captain to hospital for a few days and then he didn't play for a few weeks. I don't want to mention names, but they didn't apologise,” Grant said. “I will give credit to Ashley. He is a mature guy. He apologised himself and no one forced him to.”

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, defended Eboué, who is believed to have said sorry to Terry in private. “It was not a terrible tackle. I regret it [the injury], but it was an accident,” Wenger said.

< name=relateds ="" method=post> < name=relateds ="" method=post>

Chelsea have twice been charged by the Football Association with failing to control their players this season and Riley was harangued at White Hart Lane, but Grant accused the governing body of victimising his team and claimed that Manchester United are at least as guilty of showing dissent to officials.

“I think this is unfair from the FA,” he said, pointing to the tempestuous fixture between the sides at Old Trafford in September. “Against Manchester United their players ran to the referee before us. Maybe they are quicker, I don't know.”

However, Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, said yesterday that harassing referees is “absolutely ridiculous” and that his side had worked hard in recent years to show greater respect.

Ferguson's team are three points clear of Arsenal, who have a two-point advantage over Chelsea. “I don't think it's a big enough lead to think we can't throw it away,” Ferguson said. “We're not taking anything for granted.”

The game at Old Trafford pits the league's leading goalscorers, Cristiano Ronaldo and Fernando Torres, against each other. “It is not about stopping Ronaldo,” Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, said. “They must think, no doubt, about stopping Torres.”

I also saw in the paper today that Grant has described Cole as a role model for children LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 3:13pm
It's just typical Chelsea crpa as usual

A Role model? a little tramp and it has been proven
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 3:47pm

I hope Arsenal win tomorrow, by whatever means.  I fckn hate Chelsea and I never use that word.  Cole, Lampard, Terry, 3 absolutely despicable characters.  And Grant can fck off as well, it seems you're not allowed to breath on Terry (See Roy Keane comments when Miller got sent off earlier in the season).   COME ON ARSENAL.  I hope Eboue adds Cole to his hitlist, that Fat Frank gets sent off again and Terry scores an og in injury time to  hand Arsenal the points.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I hope Arsenal win tomorrow, by whatever means.  I fckn hate Chelsea and I never use that word.  Cole, Lampard, Terry, 3 absolutely despicable characters.  And Grant can fck off as well, it seems you're not allowed to breath on Terry (See Roy Keane comments when Miller got sent off earlier in the season).   COME ON ARSENAL.  I hope Eboue adds Cole to his hitlist, that Fat Frank gets sent off again and Terry scores an og in injury time to  hand Arsenal the points.

Normally If they were playing anyone but Arsenal I'd agree but seeing as they are I'll settle for the Cnuts to draw.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic