You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graham Burke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Shrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:04pm
He can be pleased with his performances in both games. Represented the LOI well
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Fair play to the lad, a fair bit off the required level but hopefully this is just the start 

Do you reckon?

I wouldn't be too sure about that tbh, he's looked comfortable in his two caps and if you scan through the list of players who have played 10/15+ times for us in the last decade or so, Burke would certainly do fine as a squad filler in the short term.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Fair play to the lad, a fair bit off the required level but hopefully this is just the start 

Do you reckon?

I wouldn't be too sure about that tbh, he's looked comfortable in his two caps and if you scan through the list of players who have played 10/15+ times for us in the last decade or so, Burke would certainly do fine as a squad filler in the short term.

Agreed, even his goal aside he worked his bollox off and had great link up play between the midfield and forwards. Looked really comfortable on the ball, was always looking for it and wasnt afraid to try things. In his 80mins across the 2 games this week, hes offered more than any other forward in recent months/years.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Do you reckon?

He looked decent, but these friendlies were played at 50% and he wouldn't have the amount of time he had on the ball at times tonight in the loi. No mind a higher level. Hopefully he gets a move and can prove himself across the water in league 1
Here we go again
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:49pm
It was noticeable that we lost our way and couldnt string any passes together for about 15 minutes after he went off. Between this game and the France game, he definitely looks like he could play at a higher level.

Who was the last current LoI player to score for us?

Edited by The Huntacha - 02 Jun 2018 at 10:50pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It was noticeable that we lost our way and couldnt string any passes together for about 15 minutes after he went off. Between this game and the France game, he definitely looks like he could play at a higher level.

A maligned travel agent.  
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ray Tracey in 1978
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:58pm
Thumbs Up
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:15pm
He scored on his home debut. He did the job he was supposed to do. What more does he need to prove?

The amount of players in the current squad, with a LOI background proves that the league is a good quality league with decent players. It should not be seen as completely off limits to the Ireland international team. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:17pm
He played well. He's certainly comfortable on the ball, just a bit unfortunate he lacks pace.
We're decent enough..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:21pm
Strange comments from O'Neill who felt the game passed Burke by, which he said he expected.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:28pm
He looked comfortable, fair play to him. He’s well able to rebuild his career back in England but great to see he doesn’t have to 
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

He looked comfortable, fair play to him. He’s well able to rebuild his career back in England but great to see he doesn’t have to 

There may come a time the movement between IRL and UK (wherever) is invisible and just part of the path of a football career. 'Returning' to IRL wont be seen as a pause or distruption to a footballer's career but just part of a normal career.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:20am
O Neill comments were his subtle way of saying he won't be picked for the Wales/Denmark games. f**king ridiculous comments. 

Burke scored and the 75 or so minutes over the two appearances contributed more than some have in half a dozen appearances. He doesn't need blinding pace, his football intelligence and natural ability more than compensates.

Should remain part of the squad but I've no faith in O Neill deeming it so. 

Delighted for the lad the past week. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He played well. He's certainly comfortable on the ball, just a bit unfortunate he lacks pace.

Used the ball last night but his lack of pace will hold him back.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:34am
If MON is dropping him on the premise that the game passed him by, then every member of the squad who has played should have been dropped over the past year!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Used the ball last night but his lack of pace will hold him back.

They said the same about Teddy Sheringham. I disagree regarding Burke. Wes wasn't exactly Usain Bolt either.,
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:13pm
Burke done himself absolutely no harm whatsoever and did not look out of place at all 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic