You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graham Burke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graham Burke
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:36am
Deserves a thread since he's got a cap now. 63rd player provided by Shamrock Rovers to the Republic of Ireland, more than any other club.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Deserves a thread since he's got a cap now. 63rd player provided by Shamrock Rovers to the Republic of Ireland, more than any other club.
I asked this question once in a quiz, nobody got it.

All the idiots saying Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd, Celtic etc.

The answer is so obvious.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:49am

Home Farm have a far more impressive claim to "providing" Irish internationals than Rovers. They actually developed the players rather than just having later signed them. 
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:50am

Is this confirmed as caps won whilst at Rovers? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Is this confirmed as caps won whilst at Rovers? 

Yes.

Frank O'Neill has the most with 20 caps. Other notable players capped while at Rovers include Paddy Moore scorer of our first goal in a World Cup Qualifying game and Liam Tuohy scorer of our first goal in a European Championship qualifying game.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Home Farm have a far more impressive claim to "providing" Irish internationals than Rovers. They actually developed the players rather than just having later signed them. 
And what about the players that Home Farm poached from other clubs who 'developed' them ?

Vicious circle.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

And what about the players that Home Farm poached from other clubs who 'developed' them ?

Vicious circle.

Let's get to the bottom of this. I'm nominating "Sunny Happy Days" kids Montessori in Kimmage as the Mecca of Irish underage talent development. 

I know you're involved in underage football and fair play to you but what do you think is the right course of action for youngsters and clubs? Surely, it's best to get all top players at the elite level whether that is DDSL Premier or LOI u13, u15 etc at the expense of the so called smaller clubs?
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:02pm

I know you're involved in underage football and fair play to you but what do you think is the right course of action for youngsters and clubs? Surely, it's best to get all top players at the elite level whether that is DDSL Premier or LOI u13, u15 etc at the expense of the so called smaller clubs?
Yes of course.

DDSL 15 Premier used to be 'the' league and I agree with the LOI u15 but its argued that the LOI u13 is too young and putting too much pressure on young shoulders.

Every team (in the lower levels) has a gem or a late developer, AFAIK Conor Masterson didn't play top division football with Lucan Utd and there's plenty of other examples - the 14 year old that went to Atletico Madrid (with Coerver) that nobody in Dublin had heard of.

There is also a matter with the new system about compensation when players are 'sold on' to England.

Also the so-called smaller clubs are not that anymore.

A quick scan of the top divisions show teams from Ballyoulster, Newbridge, Leixlip, Corduff, Palmerstown, Esker etc at the expense of some of the 'so-called' Top Six. My teams this season have already beaten the Orchard, Belvo and Joeys. Got bashed by Rovers though LOL 

Edited by Gary McKay - 29 May 2018 at 12:04pm
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:08pm
Hes an ex Belvo player who impressively now boast 13 Irish full Internationals that have played for them at schoolboy level. 

To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Deleted the crap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:24pm
Fair play Gary. Yeah, I think u13's is too young an age group for the LOI also but hopeful that it will work out. Regards to compensation pay outs, how this is managed is going to be key. The LOI underage set up is going to be a big financial drain on the clubs unless the money is coming in from somewhere. It will be interesting to see how it is all balanced. 

I'm glad to see Burke getting some recognition for the league anyway. The added exposure hasnt seemed to do him any harm either looking at his performance vs Pats the other week. I thought he was really superb that evening.  
El Puto Amo
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:10pm
Guessing he'll move from Rovers at the end of the season. Any ideas where? Championship? League One? Or to Dundalk/Cork to make a European push? 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:49pm
Hard to know what will happen with Burkey, I don't think he would be well suited to League One football and reckon he probably knows this himself having spent time over at Notts County. He would make a better living I'm sure but would it increase his chances at an Irish call up? I doubt it. But I also don't think he is good enough to play Championship level so not sure what his options will be. Definitely a player who would suit a move to a completely different league in Europe but not often do we see LoI players make that move.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:04pm
Of all the clips Soccer Republic could have used with passes in the game, they used the one where he went to clear it, hit it off his right foot out for a throw in and fell on his hole LOL Great moment for him to get a cap, and seemed comfortable in possession which is unusual for one of our players.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Hard to know what will happen with Burkey, I don't think he would be well suited to League One football and reckon he probably knows this himself having spent time over at Notts County. He would make a better living I'm sure but would it increase his chances at an Irish call up? I doubt it. But I also don't think he is good enough to play Championship level so not sure what his options will be. Definitely a player who would suit a move to a completely different league in Europe but not often do we see LoI players make that move.

I predict a hat trick against the yanks and a summer move to the Cleveland city razzamataz 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:23pm
He's out of the Rovers squad for the dundalk game so may get a run against the yanks
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:27pm
any loi player called up shoudnt be leaving the squad and playing in between training anyway. They shoild be no different to the other players called up. If ur in the national squad then you should be off limits to the club.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:33pm
Supple has been allowed leave for bohs so i'd imagine Burke might be starting on Saturday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic