You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Elliott ex trainer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:57pm
Have met Gordon a few times over the years on boats and at the races and always very friendly! One time in 2009 he was on the way to Ludlow and got a lovely winner from him. He’s not from the usual racing background which was always a good thing about him! The photo is obviously very disappointing as is his excuse.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 01 Mar 2021 at 5:58pm
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:39pm
Cheveley park have moved their horses to Henry de Bromhead very interesting 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Where are you seeing this?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where are you seeing this?

Have a lot of family in racing its been told around elliott banned from training in England now wouldn't guarantee de Bromhead but I would be 95 percent certain 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:33pm
Confirmed. BHA won't allow him to run horses in the UK while he's under investigation here

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:42pm
Does anyone else think this is all a bit over the top? Yes it was a moronic thing to do but should he loose the business he has built up the last fifteen years because of it? To my knowledge there has never been animal welfare issues with the stable.

It really is trial by media. Racing has always had a bad image with non racing people so there are plenty sticking the knife in now. And as for Mick Fitzgerald with tears in his eyes on tv..... 

I think the Charles Byrnes affair was way worse than this and it didn’t get a fraction of the media attention. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by SeanyL SeanyL wrote:

Does anyone else think this is all a bit over the top? Yes it was a moronic thing to do but should he loose the business he has built up the last fifteen years because of it? To my knowledge there has never been animal welfare issues with the stable.

It really is trial by media. Racing has always had a bad image with non racing people so there are plenty sticking the knife in now. And as for Mick Fitzgerald with tears in his eyes on tv..... 

I think the Charles Byrnes affair was way worse than this and it didn’t get a fraction of the media attention. 

It was a rotten enough thing to do the picture shows that I can see your point entirely but this is sort of thing authorities will always come down hard on simple as
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:48pm

It was a rotten enough thing to do the picture shows that I can see your point entirely but this is sort of thing authorities will always come down hard on simple as

Well he has lost his Betfair sponsorship, will more than likely loose the Chevley horses and now looks like he won’t have any runner in Cheltenham. That seems punishment enough for me. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:55pm
disappointed at the lack of horsey puns 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:57pm
He’s only banned from having runners in GB until after the Irish horse racing board investigate, which is expected to be done promptly
He’ll have runners at Cheltenham 
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:59pm

He’s only banned from having runners in GB until after the Irish horse racing board investigate, which is expected to be done promptly

Could they extend the ban after the IHRB probe? If the IHRB just issue a fine for example and the BHA are not happy could they ban him from Uk racing anyway for a period of time ?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm

Well he has lost his Betfair sponsorship, will more than likely loose the Chevley horses and now looks like he won’t have any runner in Cheltenham. That seems punishment enough for me. 
Good point will be very interesting to see if this looms over him in long term I personally don't feel he will ever be as strong and he shouldn't be but I'm not to sure how he will rebuild from this or can he rebuild from this
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm

No he won't Ihrb will almost certainly give him a ban longer than two weeks
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:18pm
He’ll appeal it I think though and be allowed runners until that appeal is heard, like Charles Byrne has been
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:25pm
Could he hand the licence over to his assistant or something to get around the ban? I’m sure there will be a few horses trained by Mrs C Byrnes running in Cheltenham 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:38pm
Just so Many question marks around this but can't see the bha letting him near a UK racecourse in the near future far more strict with this but could he running everything behind the scenes and just not be seen near racecourse with another persons licence 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:41pm
I don’t really know how it’s trial by media? When you f**k up you need to hold your hands up and take what’s coming. 
The bigger thing is.... usually a leak starts with a trickle before the full flow, it’s what will come out in the next few days that will do the most damage. 
At the end of the day if it does all go tits up he has no one to blame but himself. For the sport I hope there’s nothing else in his closet cause it’ll ruin him & ruin Cheltenham if there is 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:29pm
How many people would work for him? Has covid hit the profession hard in terms of job loses and people being furloughed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic