You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Elliott ex trainer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
Bad news for Gordon Elliott today in that he's being humiliated in the national and international press over this photo with the dead horse, but on the upside he has signed a lucrative new deal to supply Larry Goodman Meats

On to the next chapter, as wellness industry influencer-influenced Twitterers say

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Bad news for Gordon Elliott today in that he's being humiliated in the national and international press over this photo with the dead horse, but on the upside he has signed a lucrative new deal to supply Larry Goodman Meats

On to the next chapter, as wellness industry influencer-influenced Twitterers say

Sid, you're normally a good man for pulling others up on here when they don't directly answer your points. So, I'll pull you up on this one. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Sid, you're normally a good man for pulling others up on here when they don't directly answer your points. So, I'll pull you up on this one. 
Instead of pulling me up, would you not force me to ride so hard that I got a heart attack?

Not in a sexual sense, you understand, although let's and see what comes out about Gordon on that score
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:14pm

Instead of pulling me up, would you not force me to ride so hard that I got a heart attack?

Not in a sexual sense, you understand, although let's and see what comes out about Gordon on that score

Thoroughbred horses are bred to run - They are not being mistreated by being made to run.
Think you've been engaging with Qewan too much on twitter and it's rubbing off!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:17pm

Thoroughbred horses are bred to run - They are not being mistreated by being made to run.
Think you've been engaging with Qewan too much on twitter and it's rubbing off!
Maybe sometimes it would be better to allow them walk or have a roll about in the hay - a bit like Gordon actually

SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:19pm
Betfair cutting ties with Elliott yet they won’t co-operate on the Charles Byrne investigation. 

I think sedating a horse with 100 times the recommended dosage and making it try jump a fence is a lot worse than sitting on a dead horse. 

Weird values. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:30pm
Being dumped by Betfair is the moral equivalent of being dumped by MTK
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:43pm
Gigginstgown's (Michael O'Leary) statement is a bit more sympathetic than that of Cheveley Park's on the matter

O'Leary saving 35 euros a week after moving his horses from Willie Mullins and thats all that matters

SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:47pm
Cheveley will move their horses so he will loose Envoi Allen. 
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:49pm
Cheveley will defiantly move be interesting see how smaller owners will go 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Gigginstgown's (Michael O'Leary) statement is a bit more sympathetic than that of Cheveley Park's on the matter

O'Leary saving 35 euros a week after moving his horses from Willie Mullins and thats all that matters

It's actually a loss of €7.99 after Elliott's hidden fees for horse luggage, priority stable access and extra hay and polo mints are added on
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by SeanyL SeanyL wrote:

Betfair cutting ties with Elliott yet they won’t co-operate on the Charles Byrne investigation. 

I think sedating a horse with 100 times the recommended dosage and making it try jump a fence is a lot worse than sitting on a dead horse. 

Weird values. 
They fully cooperated with that investigation - the likes of Matt Chapman incorrectly sharing misinformation on this point. 
The issue was that I may set myself up as an agent to lay bets for people but I don't have to tell you who I'm getting the money from 
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

It will probably depend on whether he is banned from racing for a period of time or not.
The business end of the season is coming up for National Hunt racing so if he is banned I can see owners pulling their horses. 

Who are the main owners in his yard, JP has a few but not too many, the Morans do also. Not sure if the Donnellys have any with him? Dont think so.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

It will probably depend on whether he is banned from racing for a period of time or not.
The business end of the season is coming up for National Hunt racing so if he is banned I can see owners pulling their horses. 

Who are the main owners in his yard, JP has a few but not too many, the Morans do also. Not sure if the Donnellys have any with him? Dont think so.
As I mentioned above he has purposely tried to have a large group of owners to ensure that if one chose to leave then it wouldn't sink him.
The Moran's sponsor his yard so if they go that would still have a big impact. 
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:09pm

Weird values. 
They fully cooperated with that investigation - the likes of Matt Chapman incorrectly sharing misinformation on this point. 
The issue was that I may set myself up as an agent to lay bets for people but I don't have to tell you who I'm getting the money from 

Not according to Charles. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:11pm

Weird values. 

Not according to Charles. 

I think it is well in the public domain that he isn't correct on this point.
And before anybody asks, I've no connection with Flutter and have no reason to defend them!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:47pm
This is the last thing horse racing needs, all over the national news, a year after the criticism they took (rightly) for having Cheltenham festival with spectators as the pandemic was just beginning 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

This is the last thing horse racing needs, all over the national news, a year after the criticism they took (rightly) for having Cheltenham festival with spectators as the pandemic was just beginning 

You are right that this is the last thing that racing needs - Paints a very negative picture which will colour some public opinion.
But you are wrong on the Cheltenham point from last year. The UK Government did not tell them to cancel and it was the government advice at the point that it could go ahead: The fault lies there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic