Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Banks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yes a car crash.
The whole World knows this.
You do know that not everyone on the planet is 57 like yourself Confused
Do you know who won the Second World War ?
I once worked with a lad who didn't know about the Nazis final solution. I'd hazard a guess he wouldn't have known the outcome of the second world war or anything significant in the history of mankind.

Sure there were people believing that Inglorious Basterds was a true story
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 6:37am
Gordon Banks funeral will be broadcast live on the big screens at the Stoke bet365 Stadium.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Gordon Banks funeral will be broadcast live on the big screens at the Stoke bet365 Stadium.

Can never get my head around why it takes so long to get buried over there? Must be so hard on the family, as it's two weeks since he passed. RIP
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:27am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Can never get my head around why it takes so long to get buried over there? Must be so hard on the family, as it's two weeks since he passed. RIP

Its taking the Brits over 2 years to have the funeral of their country on March 29.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Its taking the Brits over 2 years to have the funeral of their country on March 29.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:34am

Are they taking bets on it?
5/6 the service lasts for over 1 hour, 5/6 less than 1 hour

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:34am

Whereas here you're dead and you're worm food in two-three days. 

Agree it's too long though. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:07am
I always thought it was a better approach. Never understood what the rush was with us. Family having to deal with death and arranging a function within 24 hours, relatives having to book last minute flights to get home for funerals, colleges taking time off work at a days notice. The 2 weeks thing seems a lot more civilized.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:37am
very much open to correction on this but I think that gravediggers in the U.K. are basically all council employees and it takes about two weeks to get a grave dug. Here, it’s a church graveyard so it takes no time as there’s usually a lad will do it quick enough. 

Certainly, there, more people are buried in municipal cemeteries than are buried in them here. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I always thought it was a better approach. Never understood what the rush was with us. Family having to deal with death and arranging a function within 24 hours, relatives having to book last minute flights to get home for funerals, colleges taking time off work at a days notice. The 2 weeks thing seems a lot more civilized.
Not to mention the universities, then trying to fond a stadium big enough for everyone is another headache.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:53am
Imagine having an Irish wake for two weeks? There’d be a backlog of funerals.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

very much open to correction on this but I think that gravediggers in the U.K. are basically all council employees and it takes about two weeks to get a grave dug. Here, it’s a church graveyard so it takes no time as there’s usually a lad will do it quick enough. 

Certainly, there, more people are buried in municipal cemeteries than are buried in them here. 
Actually, 3/4 of all UK deaths now result in cremation rather than burial. Cremation is notably cheaper than burial in the UK (with the exception of NI, which only has one crematorium).

But in any case, your general point is correct, since crematoria are also council operated.

Meanwhile, I wonder if another difference is that in Ireland, the remains more often go back to the house (for a wake etc), where they can only rest for a couple of days (for obvious reasons). Whereas in GB, it may be there are more Funeral Homes where the remains can be kept for up to a couple of weeks.
d-mac View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:57pm

Another sh*t joke you toss pot
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by d-mac d-mac wrote:

Another sh*t joke you toss pot

Thanks.  That brightens up my day.  More to follow.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic