You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Friday
    Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:40am
Just found out I'm off on Friday Clap I always remember being in on Good Friday, whats the craic, anyone else got the day off?
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:43am
Im in and you get a day owed if you work it Thumbs Up
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:45am
I am off Party
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:46am
Off work and the bars and offys are open up here. Off Monday, next friday and next monday as well. Life is good !
@AntrimMan85
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:48am
Working Friday, but then off from then until Tuesday May 3rd!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:53am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Off work and the bars and offys are open up here. Off Monday, next friday and next monday as well. Life is good !

You're joking? How the hell can that happen! I've to go to the game Friday nigh without my pre and post match Maldron pints, not a happy camper Angry
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:55am
I'm always off Good Friday but I have to work this Saturday as a once off.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

You're joking? How the hell can that happen! I've to go to the game Friday nigh without my pre and post match Maldron pints, not a happy camper Angry
Since its a hotel can residents still get drink.
One of yas book in, split the cost between the lot of yas then get that fella to buy the drink for the night.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Bars can open in the north from 5 to 11. Usual opening on saturday but a 11 or 12 closing, normal hours on sunday I think. Only downer is offys closed on Sundays. Well...offically anyway.
@AntrimMan85
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:08am
Off to sligoThumbs Up
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:10am
Myself and a few of the lads are heading over to Barcelona for the long weekend - gonna see them at home to Osasuna.

Does anyone know what the buzz is with Good Friday over there? I assume drink isn't completely banned as it is here, but maybe certain places close early or just stay shut for the day?
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:12am
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Off to sligoThumbs Up
Mise freisin.
Remember to pick up cans tomorrow
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:27am

Having a street party AMWink, heard you can get grants of the council  for it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:44am

Booked the three days off inbetween too AM, 11 days off in total. Thank you Kate Middleton, ya little minx!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:50am
Haha, no street party I'm afraid NR - don't think the locals would take too kindly to it. Contemplated doing that myself Seanie - need the leave for matches though.

And yes, she is a wee belter.
@AntrimMan85
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Im in and you get a day owed if you work it Thumbs Up
maybe in your place, but its not a public holiday, so legally its at the discretion of your employer whether to give you an extra day
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Myself and a few of the lads are heading over to Barcelona for the long weekend - gonna see them at home to Osasuna.

Does anyone know what the buzz is with Good Friday over there? I assume drink isn't completely banned as it is here, but maybe certain places close early or just stay shut for the day?
No problems whatsoever to get a drink in Barca I'd say. Never heard of them closing for it. Good Friday is a bank holiday here too for some trades, yet all pubs are open as normal.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:22am

Tried to book lunch in a few restaurants to line the stomachs and a load of them are closed! Couldn’t believe it!

So a quick eddie rockets at 1230, and then cans and a party for the day before the big match in united park Smile

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic