You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going Sober

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Its bad times when the manager has to tell you to calm down EmbarrassedLOL

Went out for a couple last month the night before our first game of the season against Firhouse St Endas. Ended up drinking with 2 of the management team until 5am. Needless to say I didn't get a game the next day!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:00pm
10 weeks. 10 long, boring, sh*tty weeks.

Locked on 4 pints after it.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Went out for a couple last month the night before our first game of the season against Firhouse St Endas. Ended up drinking with 2 of the management team until 5am. Needless to say I didn't get a game the next day!

Ah ffs you mad man LOL

Well you see i'm in a catch 22, i'm injured at the minute yet i still get grief over going out! I didn't get home until 1 o'clock Monday morning, missed training as a result due to being asleep! So no doubt i'll get a telling off tonight Ouch
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:04pm
One thing to be aware of GD I've found if your off the beer for any length of time your tolerence levels are very low when you go  back on it at first.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 03 Apr 2013 at 5:05pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

10 weeks. 10 long, boring, sh*tty weeks.

Locked on 4 pints after it.

I'll be in Ibiza, buckled and sent to bed by 7 in the evening no doubt LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

One thing to be aware of GD I've found if your off the beer for any length of time your tolerence levels drop very quickly

Back in 2011 we got to a county final and were on a drinking ban for 7 weeks +, plus after training flat out my body was very lean so when i started drinking again it wasn't happy! Found myself getting full on 5/6 bottles Embarrassed

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:07pm
You'll be a cheap date Heart
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

You'll be a cheap date Heart

I'm going over with my best mate, his gf and her cousin who i had a kiss or two with before so maybe she'll pity me Wink

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Ah ffs you mad man LOL

Well you see i'm in a catch 22, i'm injured at the minute yet i still get grief over going out! I didn't get home until 1 o'clock Monday morning, missed training as a result due to being asleep! So no doubt i'll get a telling off tonight Ouch

To be fair while I only play Junior B its pointless showing up locked. At one stage last year while getting ready to go on as a sub with the slip already written out the manager ripped it up in front of me when I replied honestly "9 or10" to his question of how many I'd had the night before, but then that day I was bad, could only see out of one eye on the drive over FFS! 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:13pm

Trying to stay off the beer until June, i'm heading to Ibiza in 9 weeks! 

Whats the longest you lot have been off the booze? I think 7 weeks is the longest iv'e managed since i started drinking, it's going to be tough! 

4 days is the longest I have been off the beer in 2 years.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

23 years sober

Well done...takes some will power!Clap
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:15pm
Was on medication for 3 months years ago, was off booze for the whole time. My boss at the time insisted that I take up smoking to compensate.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:17pm
I've only drank three times this year and would have no bother giving it up. As for the smokes
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:22pm
Dont know how people struggle so badly. I love a few pints as much as anyone but I could easily go off it for months and months
GWAN YBIG
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm
Work in a pub so it's a killer to try stay off it
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm
There's no way I could stay off it for that long. I love a night out but drunk people annoy me when I'm sober so I have to get drunk myself to be able to tolerate everyone else! Also the craic's better after a few pints. Imagine everyone sitting around with a load of 7up for the night, you wouldn't have the laugh the next day after someone pulled an ugly one, or fell asleep on the bus and ended up on the other side of the city, or stayed at someone's house and pissed on the Christmas tree with the presents under it.

Having said that, if I wasn't single I could easily stay off it for a while but that would mean not going out with the lads on a proper night out for the duration.

Edited by MJD - 03 Apr 2013 at 5:33pm
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:35pm
Work around the booze industry so its not easy but i could stay off  it for a month or so  without much bother.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

23 years sober

FagThumbs Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic