You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go Green On November Sixteen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

Sure they ruined the atmsophere at the cup final by playing music over the chanting before the game, as the teams came out and before the start of ET. Hate when they drown out the crowd noise. FAI wouldn't organise a piss up in a brewery....Well actually maybe a piss up on a train to Moscow might be more up their street.

Last go green campaign was unreal though but I remember the likes of Umbro etc pushing it so this close to the game I can't see it taking off as much.

Nothing worse than when they played music after Scotland scored in June
Cathal Bourke
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Sure they ruined the atmsophere at the cup final by playing music over the chanting before the game, as the teams came out and before the start of ET. Hate when they drown out the crowd noise. FAI wouldn't organise a piss up in a brewery....Well actually maybe a piss up on a train to Moscow might be more up their street.

Last go green campaign was unreal though but I remember the likes of Umbro etc pushing it so this close to the game I can't see it taking off as much.

By mistake that was DeadLOLLOL
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

[QUOTE=The GerK] Should know for certain in morning. That will gives us a few days to get the loot. Will be tight

Should this not have been sorted like weeks ago. Not a hope you will raise €600 and get a flag made in that time. Dreamer stuff[/QUOTE

FAI haven't been very pro active on it
600 will be done easily
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 12:01am
And the flag made in a few days?

A lot of ybig ppl will be in sarajevo too
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 12:09am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

And the flag made in a few days?

A lot of ybig ppl will be in sarajevo too

Is the plan not laminated card to display a tricolour. If that the case it be easy enough to arrange before Monday.

*just a pity fai weren't more forthcoming with this plan especially after you see what was achieved by people on here for the last 2 playoffs
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 12:31am
FAI arent gonna give ya fk all, talk to the confederate and get the face painting sorted, at least the FAI can back that

Sure why not ask them to line up all the stewards in 114 and surrounding sections in colour coded jackets (most already are), there's enough of them to make a flag out of their jackets ffs
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 12:44am

Fair point
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 3:32am
Great effort although it does look like we're a bit tight on time to do much.. again if any help I'd needed pm me
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 7:36am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

FAI arent gonna give ya fk all, talk to the confederate and get the face painting sorted, at least the FAI can back that

Sure why not ask them to line up all the stewards in 114 and surrounding sections in colour coded jackets (most already are), there's enough of them to make a flag out of their jackets ffs

Is there anything to be said for more face painting ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Is there anything to be said for more face painting ?
Just can't get enough face painting
All ultras/warriors get their face painted
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:54am
Unfortunately I cant make it over for the home game, otherwise I could lend a hand...
Just wondering is/has anyone made a trailer/video clip for social media such as facebook,Twitter for people to spread the word to go green on the 16th?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 9:07am
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:23am

+1, hopefully they'll also lose that instrumental version of Viva La Vida that they played to death that afternoon. 3 days later, I still can't get that bloody dirge out of my head Angry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:26am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

That PA who sounds like a posh 12 year old who's voice hasn't broke kills the atmosphere more than anything imo

This Coming on for Oireland number 22 ....My god he does my head in how did he ever get the job worst voice ever....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:30am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Couldn't believe when I heard that music come on. Went straight to bed after that game I was seething. Thought we were buried.

Thankfully after beating the world champions teams won't see us as a soft touch at the Aviva anymore.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Couldn't believe when I heard that music come on. Went straight to bed after that game I was seething. Thought we were buried.

Thankfully after beating the world champions teams won't see us as a soft touch at the Aviva anymore.

It's Lansdowne Road Muff !!

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Gallowgate 67 Gallowgate 67 wrote:

That PA who sounds like a posh 12 year old who's voice hasn't broke kills the atmosphere more than anything imo

This Coming on for Oireland number 22 ....My god he does my head in how did he ever get the job worst voice ever....

The way he reads out the names of people to be remembered during the moments applause is quite bizarre too. 

He announces them like they have won a prize for dying.   
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by Gallowgate 67 Gallowgate 67 wrote:

The way he reads out the names of people to be remembered during the moments applause is quite bizarre too. 

He announces them like they have won a prize for dying.   

it's not even like his voice hasn't broke it's like he's just inhaled a helium balloon....very bizarre. Get one of those shouty Italian PA lads in
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic