You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go Green On November Sixteen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Go Green On November Sixteen
    Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 6:24pm
This campaign for the last play off was a big success, and even though there is tensions between the FAI and the singing section and maybe to a lesser extent the supporters clubs and ybig but even still we should try our best to get this trending, try and organise a green day for schools and work places on the day of the away play off, maybe organise a banner or green cards for the match with the help of a sponsor, try get a full green white and orange around the whole stadium , it looks amazing in other stadiums and it can be done.

People surely have other ideas and im sure the media would get behind it, shops like spar, sportsworld/heatons who are official sponsors of the FAI could put up poster for go green etc, maybe lucozade sport would do a green ireland t shirt with 4 bottles of lucozade, three and umbro would surely get involved too, i know we dont have much time before the playoff but we can do something.

Edited by foggy.nelson - 20 Oct 2015 at 6:24pm
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 6:26pm
AGREE 100%
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:05pm
Should get the ones from the playoff against france, made alot off noise that night.
Stonesy114 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonesy114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:13pm
Yes, even just a display in the South Stand Lower say block 110 - 117. ybig
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:14pm
Surely the fai can organise it

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:18pm
Brilliant idea
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:21pm
A lot of effort was put in that time, similar to the herculean effort by Greengooner for the France playoffs. 

Let's hope we can get the same fantastic efforts going again, and get the media involved in this too once the ball is rolling a bit in terms of concrete plans etc. I'm sure our media contacts will either pick it up from here or contact YBIG directly.

I'll gladly pass it on too to my contacts in the media and I'm sure GerK will run it , and quite a few more on here with press contacts too to make sure it get's heard!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:24pm
Good stuff lads.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:25pm
It did make for great atmospheres at Home Games to France and Estonia albeit the tie was over I think it be a great idea ClapClap
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:27pm
A very timely bump, dependant on a good result in Sarajevo
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

A lot of effort was put in that time, similar to the herculean effort by Greengooner for the France playoffs. 

Let's hope we can get the same fantastic efforts going again, and get the media involved in this too once the ball is rolling a bit in terms of concrete plans etc. I'm sure our media contacts will either pick it up from here or contact YBIG directly.

I'll gladly pass it on too to my contacts in the media and I'm sure GerK will run it , and quite a few more on here with press contacts too to make sure it get's heard!

Will gladly help what ever way i can, pretty clueless thoCry
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 8:04pm
Great idea. This has made me a little nostalgic. Who was the lad who really ran with it before? Put his heart and soul into it. Was an emotional wreck on the night.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 8:59pm
Great idea....can we put around a "Get there early" message to all ticket holders as well (be in your seat at least 15 mins before k.o.), nothing worse than half empty stadium for anthems.... Feel the noise!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:01pm
Super idea!

Would be great if we did it more often, for matches against the likes of Germany and such. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:07pm
great idea
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:12pm
Bump let's get it sorted lada
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Great idea. This has made me a little nostalgic. Who was the lad who really ran with it before? Put his heart and soul into it. Was an emotional wreck on the night.

Me older brother Greengooner :)
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:48pm
Don't forget M50 did loads for the last one but he don't post here no more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic