Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:39pm
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:43pm
I don't see Kenny picking Whelan. He'd be lucky to make the squad. 

Just out of curiosity I wonder would Kenny even bother with Arter or wait until Arter makes himself available?
A faith is something you die for, a doctrine is something you kill for - Tony Benn
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Am i unpatriotic because i think a lad going on 37 next birthday is finished at int'l level.

Yes. The man has at least another 18 months in him of passing the ball sideways and backwards in games for us that average less than a goal a game.

He's been a great servant but if he makes Kenny's squad I'm going to look for trails for the Dublin U20 hurlers next year.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Utter Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just out of curiosity I wonder would Kenny even bother with Arter or wait until Arter makes himself available?

He'd have to make himself unavailable first.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:47pm
Whelan is still the best option Ireland have in that holding role, but only by way of us not being allowed to play anyone else in that position, as the risk is too great.

He does a job... 

I would hope that Kenny would choose -

Molumby 
McCarthy
Cullen
Arter 

All ahead of him.
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:03pm

I don't see Whelan making the squad either. He should retire. But he's still  irresistible clickbait for the forking sledgers. Can't help themselves. Interesting point about Arter. He has probably never heard of Stephen Kenny and is unlikely to ever meet him.
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Jackal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

I don't see Whelan making the squad either. He should retire. But he's still  irresistible clickbait for the forking sledgers. Can't help themselves. Interesting point about Arter. He has probably never heard of Stephen Kenny and is unlikely to ever meet him.
Of course he hasn't. Stephen Kenny is used to fellas playing at a higher level than Fleetwood Town.

Edited by Jackal - 22 May 2020 at 2:09pm
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Of course he hasn't. Stephen Kenny is used to fellas playing at a higher level than Fleetwood Town.
No he's not. And Arter plays for Fulham. 
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So would a Glasgow Celtic patriot be a British scoundrel or an Irish scoundrel? 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:33pm

Hearts relegated, revolutionary manager Daniel Stendel on the brink and fans running around like headless neanderthals. Couldn't happen to a nicer shower of dickflops.  Meanwhile old Glenn is at Fleetwood - a better club in a better league . . .  and looking forward to the Euros! Suck it up. 

jaysus LOL
In my country we fak, my wife she isa dead
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:41pm

A 'Glasgow Celtic patriot' is a contradiction in terms. There is no country called Glasgow Celtic, nor disputed territory. 
If you want  to try and  be a ****, at least be able to get it out right.LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:51pm

A 'Glasgow Celtic patriot' is a contradiction in terms. There is no country called Glasgow Celtic, nor disputed territory. 
It's a rhetorical Celtic patriot. Anyway, you should be deliriously happy after winning the SPL duopoly for the zillionth time and not calling me obscene names. Brother Walfrid will be ropable. 

FOI: Apparently, the influx of Irish and Scottish to fight in the American Civil War were called Celtic Patriots. Some were even from Glasgow, imagine that. But scoundrels all.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:04pm

It's a rhetorical Celtic patriot. Anyway, you should be deliriously happy after winning the SPL duopoly for the zillionth time and not calling me obscene names. Brother Walfrid will be ropable. 

FOI: Apparently, the influx of Irish and Scottish to fight in the American Civil War were called Celtic Patriots. Some were even from Glasgow, imagine that. But scoundrels all.
Yes, but were they called Glasgow Celtic patriots? For that is a very different thing, as it is possible to have Celtic nationalism and patriotism.  I'm also aware of the Celtic Patriots, but thanks.

FOI: it hasn't been called the SPL in some time.

FFOI: I didn't call you an obscene name

FFFOI: What the f**k does 'FOI' mean?
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:05am

Yes, but were they called Glasgow Celtic patriots? For that is a very different thing, as it is possible to have Celtic nationalism and patriotism.  I'm also aware of the Celtic Patriots, but thanks.

FOI: it hasn't been called the SPL in some time.

FFOI: I didn't call you an obscene name

FFFOI: What the f**k does 'FOI' mean?

One typo and I'm dad.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:54am
How is it a typo? That makes no sense at all!LOL
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:36am

Get over it. Go back to celebrating.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:40am

I need things explained to me, always. It's a form of OCD. Now; how is that a typo? 
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 11:00am

I need things explained to me, always. It's a form of OCD. Now; how is that a typo? 
FYI: Have been dealing with the obtuse FOI office of late. It was a slip and not a rab. Get over it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156>
  Share Topic