You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 222>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

what members of the mandate are you particularly interested in Pipkin? 2 have posed already so you want the other 6? 

I only saw Superdave. 

As I said, it doesn't bother me and I didn't sign up to the Mandate which in my opinion is just another name for an FAI affiliated club as I stated many a time but I thought there would be more transparency when questioned. Anyway, I'll leave it at that - it was simply an observation.

You should get facts right before coming on and trying to stoke the flames.
It's not very helpful stirring the pot. You can say the same to your mate Bogitum.

I can only speak for myself as I have been out of the loop recently.
I didn't apply as I didn't meet criteria.
I do know that three off committee didn't get a ticket.

You came on here with studs up because no one replied to you?
I suggest a few deep breaths. 
What facts did I state?

Not trying to stir any pot. Simply asked a question. 

What's wrong with being transparent? I am surpirsed at you Gerk for being so defensive. Would you not deem it a reasonable question to ask? We know how the FAI operate. I know I got tickets years ago to shut me up when I shouldn't have. Its what they do.

I would have facts in place before repeatedly asking the question.
Three didn't get tickets, that's a fact.
Four met criteria and got tickets.
I didn't apply.

It is reasonable to ask in a reasonable way. 
And if someone doesn't respond, don't assume that means anything
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:46pm
My 1st post on the subject this morning in response to Borussia jumping down the throat of Bogumit:

No idea on Bogumit’s agenda and don’t agree with the way he has approached the topic but imagine he missed out and was close to the cut off mark. It doesn’t bother me one way or the other; I’ve lost interest in all things ticket allocations as they’ve been done to death and the least of Irish football’s concerns but for people who were close to the cut off mark I don’t see why transparency is a requisite from the FAI and not the committee. It would be a bit rich of a committee founded by fans to lobby the FAI for a transparent ticket scheme not to be transparent themselves.

Perception is important 

If anything, the point I was making if had been responded to would have enhanced the credibility and perception of the Mandate Committee
Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:52pm

what members of the mandate are you particularly interested in Pipkin? 2 have posed already so you want the other 6? 

I only saw Superdave. 

As I said, it doesn't bother me and I didn't sign up to the Mandate which in my opinion is just another name for an FAI affiliated club as I stated many a time but I thought there would be more transparency when questioned. Anyway, I'll leave it at that - it was simply an observation.

It's not very helpful stirring the pot. You can say the same to your mate Bogitum.

I’m sure a lot of lads wish they knew the criteria before they applied.

Well for some
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:04pm
Lets not squabble, ffs, divide and conquer and all that. The work that's been done on and off here has been exceptional to get where We are in terms of bigger allocation and an open dialogue with the FAI and some sort of a system.

The FAI should have ofcourse announced criteria beforehand, this  can be suggested as an improvement in the future. there again, I struggle to go to friendlies at home let alone away so it wouldn't have made a difference to me.

I personally missed out on a ticket but good to see a system in place where the most loyal fans got sorted. I had 4 matches but had been to 6(2 not through the FAI, actually through YBIG).

Keep it all honest and open lads, keep up the good work and keep talking. We are all in it for the same reasons and believe in fairness. 

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm

My 1st post on the subject this morning in response to Borussia jumping down the throat of Bogumit:

No idea on Bogumit’s agenda and don’t agree with the way he has approached the topic but imagine he missed out and was close to the cut off mark. It doesn’t bother me one way or the other; I’ve lost interest in all things ticket allocations as they’ve been done to death and the least of Irish football’s concerns but for people who were close to the cut off mark I don’t see why transparency is a requisite from the FAI and not the committee. It would be a bit rich of a committee founded by fans to lobby the FAI for a transparent ticket scheme not to be transparent themselves.

Perception is important 

If anything, the point I was making if had been responded to would have enhanced the credibility and perception of the Mandate Committee

Thought it was last night.  If not, I take that back.
Equating Mandate with SC is stirring the pot.

The Mandate was involved in increasing allocation of tickets for fans. That took a good bit of time and effort.  Next step is transparent system.
I don't think anyone signed up to be personally scrutinised. 

Each member can speak for themselves and personal details are their own business. The info I posted is your answer. I'm sure you can talk to them individually.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

I only saw Superdave. 

Well for some

I didn't know criteria, didn't even check. Wouldn't have made it either way.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:26pm

Well for some

Nor did I. No one knew the criteria before they applied. Even the FAI couldn't have known the criteria until they knew exactly how many tickets they were getting from Gibraltar and until they had the full number of applications.

We all want the FAI to be clear on whether friendlies will or won't count in future, and how many games will be used, even if the cut off isn't clear until all applications are in.

They're definitely moving that way. I would hazard a guess that the same criteria (the same nine games) will be used for Denmark, if it is oversubscribed. For Switzerland, it is very hard to say, because if Denmark is oversubscribed, you can't use it. I also don't think you can use Tbilisi, seeing as the applications will be done at exactly the same time and seeing as counting Tbilisi will lead to a serious amount of harvesting, and impossible to sort out. I imagine those same nine games will be used for Denmark and Switzerland, with the Denmark game possibly counting for Switzerland if Denmark is not oversubscribed.

That's a matter we can bring up with the FAI and hopefully we will be able to get clarity before the ticket applications open for those games.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Feb 2019 at 5:27pm
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Lets not squabble, ffs, divide and conquer and all that. The work that's been done on and off here has been exceptional to get where We are in terms of bigger allocation and an open dialogue with the FAI and some sort of a system.

The FAI should have ofcourse announced criteria beforehand, this  can be suggested as an improvement in the future. there again, I struggle to go to friendlies at home let alone away so it wouldn't have made a difference to me.

I personally missed out on a ticket but good to see a system in place where the most loyal fans got sorted. I had 4 matches but had been to 6(2 not through the FAI, actually through YBIG).

Keep it all honest and open lads, keep up the good work and keep talking. We are all in it for the same reasons and believe in fairness. 

This
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well for some

Nor did I. No one knew the criteria before they applied. Even the FAI couldn't have known the criteria until they knew exactly how many tickets they were getting from Gibraltar and until they had the full number of applications.

We all want the FAI to be clear on whether friendlies will or won't count in future, and how many games will be used, even if the cut off isn't clear until all applications are in.

They're definitely moving that way. I would hazard a guess that the same criteria (the same nine games) will be used for Denmark, if it is oversubscribed. For Switzerland, it is very hard to say, because if Denmark is oversubscribed, you can't use it. I also don't think you can use Tbilisi, seeing as the applications will be done at exactly the same time and seeing as counting Tbilisi will lead to a serious amount of harvesting, and impossible to sort out. I imagine those same nine games will be used for Denmark and Switzerland, with the Denmark game possibly counting for Switzerland if Denmark is not oversubscribed.

That's a matter we can bring up with the FAI and hopefully we will be able to get clarity before the ticket applications open for those games.

Being advised that you have to pick up your Swiss ticket in Tblisi will stop the harvesting for this campaign
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:55pm
I see the super crusader is at his oul shoite on here now, such a bitter young man with a very high sense of himself, ah well I sure he will have a banner to unfurl in ballsbridge tomorrow night
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I see the super crusader is at his oul shoite on here now, such a bitter young man with a very high sense of himself, ah well I sure he will have a banner to unfurl in ballsbridge tomorrow night

What LOL
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:12pm

LOLClap
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:59pm

Are you looking for love baby Heart
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:32pm
Think all can agree that 100% pick up in Gibralter in person is the way to go
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

For Doc and Pipkin?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

For Doc and Pipkin?
LOL I’m not fussy
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:54pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

For Doc and Pipkin?
LOL I’m not fussy

we know LOL
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:02am

I think pick up should be the way forward but it will be more beneficial for the likes of Serbia,Moldova and Georgia etc nobody will hoard for this game and if they did it would be no benefit to there record as its Oversubscribed anyway but its the right way forward. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 222>
  Share Topic