You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 222>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:24pm
Sponsored Links

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

GIBRALTAR UPDATE

The FAI are awaiting a final decision from UEFA on confirmation of the venue for Ireland's EURO 2020 Qualifier away to Gibraltar on Saturday, March 23. The Gibraltar FA had selected the Victoria Stadium before the UEFA deadline but are currently in discussions with UEFA to assess the suitability of the stadium to host EURO 2020 Qualifiers.

Ireland supporters are advised to wait until UEFA officially confirms the venue for this fixture before amending any of their travel plans as the FAI expects a final decision by early next week.

Any links for that one Gabriel? 

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:26pm
To me that reads as if they expect it to change 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Just checked Faro flights no way could I justify booking new ones as their actually dearer than the Malaga ones  so I guess it’s either watch the game on Tv in Malaga or a ten hour round trip if the game is in Faro.

The announcement about the 800 tickets f**ked everyonr

Thats my view on it. If it was always in Faro I would have given it a miss as feel allowing Gibraltar to play there is a farce. Soon as I heard the ticket increase I took this as confirmation so booked 5 days in Spain with the family  to make it a bit of a break. If its Faro, I will just watch it on tv.

Not how I would usually plan an away trip with taking wife and kids, but it is what it is. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Right that's it. Emailed the Gibraltar FA. Cool

I was talking with someone I know that is living and working over in Gibraltar last week and asked him did he hear anything about the game. He said Gibraltar FA were still adamant that the game was been played their and nowhere else.

So expect to get a similar response if you get a reply at all that is
All well and good being adamant but if there wasn't issues it would have been announced by now. All comes down to uefa now.

I'm adamant one day i'll shag Scarlett Johanssen  doesn't mean it's going to happen
NO! Only he is Adam Ant!

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:33pm
LOL

PMClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:34pm

GIBRALTAR UPDATE

The FAI are awaiting a final decision from UEFA on confirmation of the venue for Ireland's EURO 2020 Qualifier away to Gibraltar on Saturday, March 23. The Gibraltar FA had selected the Victoria Stadium before the UEFA deadline but are currently in discussions with UEFA to assess the suitability of the stadium to host EURO 2020 Qualifiers.

Ireland supporters are advised to wait until UEFA officially confirms the venue for this fixture before amending any of their travel plans as the FAI expects a final decision by early next week.

Sounds to me they dont know where its to be played themselves so aint advising anyone to rebook etc. 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:35pm

Most people have booked Gibraltar so if their saying don’t change your plans yet still leaves it up in the air. If Gibraltar are intent on having the game at home they will surely be working on the improvements.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:45pm
Is there time for this to be taken to CAS should UEFA insist the game be moved? 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:48pm

Most people have booked Gibraltar so if their saying don’t change your plans yet still leaves it up in the air. If Gibraltar are intent on having the game at home they will surely be working on the improvements.
I get what your saying and alot also booked faro when the draw was made. Theres 2 ways of reading it, we just wait and see. I've no flights booked but have accommodation booked in faro and gib on free cancellation.  

Edited by wanderer - 17 Jan 2019 at 12:54pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:49pm
Being Adam Ant would be brilliant
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:03pm
Gibraltar or nowhere!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Right that's it. Emailed the Gibraltar FA. Cool

I was talking with someone I know that is living and working over in Gibraltar last week and asked him did he hear anything about the game. He said Gibraltar FA were still adamant that the game was been played their and nowhere else.

So expect to get a similar response if you get a reply at all that is
All well and good being adamant but if there wasn't issues it would have been announced by now. All comes down to uefa now.

I'm adamant one day i'll shag Scarlett Johanssen  doesn't mean it's going to happen
NO! Only he is Adam Ant!

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Just checked Faro flights no way could I justify booking new ones as their actually dearer than the Malaga ones  so I guess it’s either watch the game on Tv in Malaga or a ten hour round trip if the game is in Faro.

The announcement about the 800 tickets f**ked everyonr

Thats my view on it. If it was always in Faro I would have given it a miss as feel allowing Gibraltar to play there is a farce. Soon as I heard the ticket increase I took this as confirmation so booked 5 days in Spain with the family  to make it a bit of a break. If its Faro, I will just watch it on tv.

Not how I would usually plan an away trip with taking wife and kids, but it is what it is. 
Why would you not bother going to the game? If the game is in Faro there will be no ticket problems. Would you not bother going down to Gibraltar if the game is there without a ticket when you could just watch it on TV too in Malaga?

Edited by Donegalman - 17 Jan 2019 at 1:14pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Is there time for this to be taken to CAS should UEFA insist the game be moved? 

Wouldnt be a point, Gibraltar would have no case.

UEFA rules require a Cat 4 stadium, the Victoria Stadium is a CAT 2. Gibralltar is only being considered because of UEFA bending their own rules
DoYouKnowAnto View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoYouKnowAnto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
I like the way they say "before amending any of their travel plans" cos we're all booked already. Ermm

Lucky that we're into Malaga Thursday morning so will be okay to make the trek to Faro if it ends up being there

ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

GIBRALTAR UPDATE

Any links for that one Gabriel? 

Sound for that, UEFA shooting themselves in the foot and Ireland caught in the crossfires, can't have too much of a go at Delaney for this. 

But I think FAI should have put the foot down and questioned this from the start.
We're on the one road!
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:38pm
whoever wouldve thought the Gibraltar thread would get to 133 pages
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 222>
  Share Topic