Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Lambert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
A bit harsh on Hurst there. The man did an incredible job at Grimsby and Shrewsbury, thought he got his big opportunity at Ipswich when, in reality, he had a League One budget to keep up a team with fans thinking of a challenge.
I would expect him to be back in the Championship before Ipswich are. They are absolute certainties to go down now. I also expect Lambert to be sacked before Easter.
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

He's near fcuked before he even starts. As an Ex-Norwich manager, more than half of the Ipswich fans hate him already, a couple of losses or even draws will persuade the rest of them to hate him too. Very hard to see them staying out of bottom 3 no matter who the manager is. 

Mick will be vilified by whatever shenanigans take place between this & end of season, his sacking, Hurst's appointment & Lambert's appointment all the result of a deluded fanbase convinced of a status they aren't capable of achieving with the budget Marcus Evans provides. Unless Lambert is capable of something none of us have seen since his Wycombe & Norwich days (not today nor yesterday)they are a cast iron certainty, or as close as they can be to one, to be an L1 team next season. 

Surely you mean vindicated rather than vilified? I mean, if they collapse and are a shambles between now and the end of the season, surely that will show Mick in a good light? That seems to be what you are saying, anyway.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 3:09pm
feel for hurst to be honest

they got rid of 3 decent championship strikers in Waghorn, McGoldrick and Garner and didnt replace them

need a QPR style loan window to save themselves or even have a chance. 

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

Imagine the deflating feeling of being a fan and having Paul Lambert named as manager.  

I can see 2009 "welcome Irish International manager Paul Lambert"
Tell me about it. But do you mean 2019?

Edited by Stoked Up - 29 Oct 2018 at 8:24pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:52am
Lambert given a vote of confidence by Marcus Evans despite the Tractor Boys relegation being confirmed at the weekend.

He has a contract till 2021.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Lambert given a vote of confidence by Marcus Evans despite the Tractor Boys relegation being confirmed at the weekend.

He has a contract till 2021.
Normally a VOC doesn't mean jack.

But I reckon ME will stick with Lambert, at least until he sees how next season is going (and we're nearer 2021!), since the fans are still solidly behind him.

If nothing else, it would save on another compo package when ITFC are having to cope with the financial pains of relegation.

Edited by Territorial - 16 Apr 2019 at 2:37pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:06pm
Paul Lambert has left Ipswich by mutual consent with the takeover of the club expected soon.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Paul Lambert has left Ipswich by mutual consent with the takeover of the club expected soon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic