Topic ClosedRainer Bonhof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rainer Bonhof
    Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 5:25am

Rainer Bonhof, meanwhile, has reiterated his desire to be considered for the Ireland job. The youngest member of the 1974 World Cup-winning side, the 55-year-old was then manager Berti Vogts' assistant when the Germans subsequently won the European Championship in 1996.

He gained his pro licence back in 1988 and has also has spells since as the German and Scottish under-21 manager as well as one back at Borussia Monschengladbach, the club where he made his name as a player. he currently works for Chelsea back in his homeland.

"When I see what's done with Germany's young talent every year I know that on a smaller scale, similar successes could be achieved elsewhere," said the former midfielder.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 5:30am

wouldnt like him to be considered to be honest...hes done foock all..no more rinky dink

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 5:45am
I fear a Berti Vogts situation who broght the Scots to their knees........didn't Bonhof work with Vogts?? 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 7:05am
he was in the scotland set up FW but they kept him long after they sacked vogts
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
petrocelli View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 4:11pm
Rainer Bohnhof did a very good job with scottish 21s ,and is well thought about at Chelsea ,he also has the advantage of being a World Cup winner in 74 (how many on waiting list can put that on their cv)?bye the way he also has a very good command of the inglish language ,in comparison to his one time boss Berti Vogts !Berti last seen in Nigeria!so maybe he is an outside shot ,but compared to some of the names being branded about El Tel ?please god no !Enough of this interference from past managers who have failed , and lets face it he has had his day and it will probabaly come to a halt in the next 10 days !God call Roger !hope to see you doing a dance around some corner flag sometime soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic