You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You can't con an honest man...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You can't con an honest man...
    Posted: 22 May 2009 at 6:21pm
..but you can con Bob Hoskins.

A few years back and it twas a splendid day, and I was off to work passing the Liffey as it sparkled in the early summer sun, I passed the tall buildings of the IFSC and headed along towards the Point depot, as jolly as could be.

Up pulled a carraige from Waterford. Two, as I was later to learn, cads stopped in distress

CADS: "Oh excuse us kind sir, but could you help us weary travellers out."

BOB: "Oh but certainly, how can I be of service" I emplored rather worringly.

CADS: "Oh but myself Taidgh O'Driscoll and my brother Enda O'Driscoll are up for the day on a visit to the big city to see the sites, such as Nelson's pillar, Kilmainham gaol and finally a stroll along Dun Loaghaire with a famous Coopers ice-cream"

BOB: "And what a fine day that would make, I've done the same manys a time, but please how can I help you fine gentleman out?"

CADS: "Oh so kind of you to say sir, Well you see were after getting a telegram from the boss farmer O'Donnel, that the mother has taken a turn for the purse and is in the local hospital"

BOB: "Oh my, I do hope she is alright, if there is anything I can do to help"

CADS: "Well  you see were stuck and we'll have to go back and we'll need some pounds to pay the doctor bills ....and we'll need to make cash, so we'd like to offer you sir this modern lap-top"

BOB: "Oh I see well it does look like a splendid model, does it work?"

CADS: "Oh but it does, what do you take us for some highway robbery men?. Look ill put the fire in it and make the laptop come alive. You see it works like a trick"

BOB: "Oh I beg your pardon, I din't mean to offend, your jolly well right this is a splendid model, how much does it cost?"

CADS: "200"

BOB: "Oh I dont have that money"

CADS: "Well look it we can also give you this image recorder device too sir. I don't like to be pushy, as you know, but were riddled with worry for the mother, especially since the fadder has run off with Packie Sheldons sister, and she been two years younger than ourselves, sos you can imagine the shame and the distress the mother is under with all the locals tithering uder the sleeves"

BOB: "Oh my, well I only have 170, I'd jolly well like to give you more your story has broken my heart"

CADS: "Your a kind fellow sir, and we'll take the 170. Just let my brother Enda put the lap-top into a computer bag for you."

they tore off while I had  the best ever lap-top bag and two argos catologuesCool

Ok folks spill the beans on you STORIES getting grifted.

ps: the speal about sick mothers didn't happen it was a just a good rube conning a boob
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 6:25pm
Thumbs%20Down This is not cool
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 6:26pm
you absolute thick! Thats what you get for supporting crimeThumbs%20Down

Wanna sell the laptop bag, I'll give you a 5iver?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 6:29pm
A good story is worth more than any lossThumbs%20Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:36am
When you said they were up to see Nelson's Pillar, I thought they must have been fekin time travellers!

If its any consolation Bob, they probably died of shock that someone fell for that! Its what I think would happen if someone sent all them African millionaire heiresses that email me the $300 admin fee they are looking for in order to send me their fortunes!
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 10:04am
I was conned by the Loch Ness Monster!!

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 10:33am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I was conned by the Loch Ness Monster!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha that episode was on the other night; absolute classic Clap

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:12am
Well done Mr. Hoskins. The only story I have is of a mate back in Dublin in the 1980's when he came across this guy selling the dirty movies on VHS. Well to judge by the cover they looked splendid and he forked out a heafty sun for one that had it all. Away my mate went to get home and watch the latest aquisition when the house was free. A few days later he settled down to watch it and it turned out to be a fairly bad taped Bug Bunny cartoon. The image of me mate sitting there with his kaks down around his ankles watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon is priceless. Be-de-be-de da's all folks!
There are friendlier places to drink.
SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:17am
Check out this video of Ireland fans in Bari!!

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by SYLT SYLT wrote:

Check out this video of Ireland fans in Bari!!

Goat bastard!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic