FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSouness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 6:38am
That would be fantastic... I agree Percy

Maybe that could be a criteria for the interview process...
See how bad he would really want the job.
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 6:50am
Glad to see some of yiz taking exception to those pr*cks who used to boo players with a Rangers association in international games, braindead morons.   As said elsewhere, you have to admire Souness for signing Mo Johnstone but I just don't altogether rate him as high as some others as a Manager pure and simple.   Sorry lads, K.Moran was a great warrior on the park but he is not a potential Irish Manager, absolutely not.   
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
duffer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 7:04am
Don't understand people who don't understand the intrinsic link between Celtic FC & Ireland or who could even consider for a second that horrible cnut Souness managing us have ye all gone soft in the feckin head.
�The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.�

gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 7:16am
I just dont like the fact that he hasnt done well in recent years.It would be interesting having a Rangers legend as manager and i would welcome it but for footballing reasons no.
duffer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 7:19am
Ok even if you ignore the Rangers thing (I can't) he hasn't managed for almost two years and his record is not great.
�The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.�

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 7:27am
Hang on a sec lads, we're only lowering ourselves to the level of others if we rule out Souness primarily cos he managed at Ibrox.  FFS, there was opposition to Charlton's appointment back in 1986, a dyed in the wool Englander showing the Paddies how it's done but we got over that without any blood letting.  I'm a dyed in the wool Celtic fan, but I despise the bigotry on both sides among some of the fans on both sides, but we need to start growing up a bit in my opinion.  I don't want Souness cos of his record, not cos of a connection to Ibrox.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2007 at 5:11am
dont forget that souness singed MOJO so he is hardly anti-catholic he also tried to sign ray houghton and works for rte so can hardly be said to be anti-irish , if he was appointed then i would be disappointed as i think he is a bad manager and certainly not because of the rangers thing   
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic