You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arthritis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arthritis
    Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 2:32pm

Anyone on here suffer from arthritis?

I got diagnosed with it about 7/8 years ago but has been okay until this year.

Struggling with my left knee and seeing the doc later this week.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 2:46pm
Had to give up 5 a side 2 years ago,, 1 of three cartilage in right knee is gone, but also told there's arthritis in it, he gave me 10-15 years before ill need a new knee, did feel it this winter all right
Getting old and intolerant
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Had to give up 5 a side 2 years ago,, 1 of three cartilage in right knee is gone, but also told there's arthritis in it, he gave me 10-15 years before ill need a new knee, did feel it this winter all right

You on pain killers bud?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 3:26pm
No, he done a procedure where he i think he said he shaved the cartilage and tidied it up and can walk without pain for most part, no impact like running or ball. Took one or two Cebrex anti inflammatories a few weeks ago

Edited by Huggybeer - 27 Feb 2024 at 3:29pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Anyone on here suffer from arthritis?

I got diagnosed with it about 7/8 years ago but has been okay until this year.

Struggling with my left knee and seeing the doc later this week.

Diagnosed with it at 17 (about 20 years ago). Struggled badly with it for a few years and was on 8 tablets a day at one stage. Then, in my early 20s, I was given the option to try a new drug that had just come on the market. It's a kind of immunosuppressive drug that is self administered by injection, kinda like an eppi pen. I poke myself twice a month and am relatively symptoms free as a result. 15 years later, it has been a game changer for me.

That's one of the reasons why I never bought into any of the covid jab conspiracy. At the time I started on this drug, there was limited data available, but the science was solid. I applied the same rationale to the covid vaccines. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:09pm
Hey zizu what's the name of the drug.....my wife suffers with Fibromyalgia,has done for ten years or so.... apparently it's somewhat similar to Arthritis.......
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:33pm
The name of the drug is entanercept. It's 10 patent expired a few years ago, so there a number of different companies selling it now under different names. 
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
cheers zizu.....thanks for info 
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 2:00am
Have it solely in my right hand from breaking it a number of times in my teenage years and early twenties. It’s definitely getting worse in the last couple of years especially when playing golf, bowling or even writing or holding a mouse. Pain I;the hoop as I’d planned on playing golf for many years to come. Do you reckon this drug you’re talking about would work for arthritis pain in such a particular area like the right hand? This would change things massive for me if so LOL
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 12:55pm
One last piece of advice I'd give to anyone with a longterm rheumatoid condition...strength training (lifting heavy weights) is hugely beneficial for for the health of your joints. Can't recommend it enough 
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 1:41pm
38 and in the sports surgery clinic next week to discuss my MRI results to  find out if I need a hip replacement Embarrassed

My dad had one at 40 , not the sort of record I was expecting to break Shocked
Why no wine??!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 2:14pm
That's madness. Are you still playing ball?

What is wrong that you need a hip replacement so young?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's madness. Are you still playing ball?

What is wrong that you need a hip replacement so young?

Arthritis on the right side , wear and tear etc. 

Consultant confirmed I need a hip replacement but going to go with a steroid injection before committing to a full replacement but that'll only help the pain rather and sort the mobility issues.

Still playing astro but not competitive football for a few years now 

Why no wine??!
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 7:41pm
girlfriend spent thousands on those injections, waste of time and money,, just get job done wont know yourself
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic