The drinking thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:18pm
Id luv to be able to have few next day. Dunno if others get it but my big problem is that alcohol just shreds me stomach. Next day no chance of putting more pints on top of a ticky stomach. Tried everything... big dinner, antacids like gaviscon, proton pump inbitors like nexoum. Makes feck all difference. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 11 Feb 2024 at 5:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:29pm

I do the opposite to what most others do.

I do most of my drinking at home! usually red wine with dinner.

Partial to a few stout mind. Going for a few tonight after training. Probably have about 6 pints and be grand tomorrow.

6 pints with another 10 on top of that before the shorts came out and stumbling home at 5:30am.

It took from Saturday to Wednesday to feel 100%.

Myself and BSM had a freebie in Leopardstown last week from 11.30 to 7.30.
Carnage.

Mate had to bundle me in a taxi and bring me home to my mam's. He then had to ring the wife and get my mam's address as I could hardly talk. 
A good dozen guinness and 4/5 whiskys. 

BSM ended up walking around Raneleigh after falling asleep on the Luas. He also had a wee nap at the table at the races. 

Sounds like a good night. 
Good to know i'm not the only one who still gets himself into these kind of messes from time to time LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:30pm

Partial to a few stout mind. Going for a few tonight after training. Probably have about 6 pints and be grand tomorrow.

6 pints with another 10 on top of that before the shorts came out and stumbling home at 5:30am.

Carnage.

Mate had to bundle me in a taxi and bring me home to my mam's. He then had to ring the wife and get my mam's address as I could hardly talk. 

BSM ended up walking around Raneleigh after falling asleep on the Luas. He also had a wee nap at the table at the races. 

Good to know i'm not the only one who still gets himself into these kind of messes from time to time LOL

Defo not
SeaSharp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Some of ye are just built different, I'll have 3 or 4 and be dying next day. I only booze hard on match days / aways and it can take me near a week to recover fully LOL
Same here LOL I had 6 pints at my leaving do on Thursday. Threw up everywhere when I got home, can't remember 80% of the night and took 2 days to recover. 

6 pints? That is truly pathetic.

f**king embarrassing SeaSharp  - have a long hard look at yourself 
LOLLOL It just doesn't agree with me lads. I think it doesn't help that it was IPA either LOL 
dundon13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:31pm
I was always quite a heavy drinker, would drink 5 or 6 nights a week, most of those nights would only be 3 or 4 beers a night but still. I've curtailed this last while, my mental health has improved massively and I've lost 2 stone without any real effort. But if I'm out for a good session on a Saturday night, 3 or 4 pints watching the football on a Sunday is essential to get me right for Monday morning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:31pm

Id luv to be able to have few next day. Dunno if others get it but my big problem is that alcohol just shreds me stomach. Next day no chance of putting more pints on top of a ticky stomach. Tried everything... big dinner, antacids like gaviscon, proton pump inbitors like nexoum. Makes feck all difference. 

They are by far the best pints.
Try get a prescribed tablet like Lanzaprozle. I take it for a hiatus hernia. Unreal they are. 
Let nothing get in the way of the day after pints

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 5:54pm

Carnage.

Defo not

Its all good craic until yiz are waking up shoeless in an Eastern European town square.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 6:03pm
15 pints, 3 bags of gear, 4 yokes and I'm still up the next morning for work fresh as a daisy. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 7:03pm

15 pints, 3 bags of gear, 4 yokes and I'm still up the next morning for work fresh as a daisy. 

That's because you likely never slept in the first place. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 7:50pm

That's because you likely never slept in the first place. 
I jest of course.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 7:52pm
24 hour party people Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 8:09pm
Some lads here will need to start training for the Helsinki vokda - Athens ouzo double header in October. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 8:15pm

24 hour party people Clap

Cracking film too Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234