You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 427428429
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:40pm
It was Canham who brought in Kerr (not O'Shea) for the two friendlies already played. And now Kerr is out (for whatever reason). That looks to me like O'Shea realizes he has a stronger hand this time around. No "minder" needed. He could get lucky in the next two friendlies but the Swiss game showed O'Shea up badly. Tactically naive and the substitutions looked timed rather than reflective of how the game was panning out.  Expect a lot of PR stuff and ex players/journos bigging O'Shea up for the next month or so.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:43pm
John O'Shea is not getting the job. How many times do they have to spell it out. Even Canham would know if he gave JOS the job now he may aswell pack his own bags and resign.
I love beer gardens
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:57pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

John O'Shea is not getting the job. How many times do they have to spell it out. Even Canham would know if he gave JOS the job now he may aswell pack his own bags and resign.
As much as you see ones on here not wanting O'Shea getting the role, you'll find a lot more saying to give him the job on other platforms. 

If the past few months antics hasn't warranted Canham packing his bags, appointing O'Shea won't do it. 

They're holding out to see if they can get someone post June and if not, they'll give it to O'Shea. Especially if there is 2x decent performance in June. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:09pm
If internaitonal experience is the criteria FAi are going for , JOhn O Shea is earning it
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

As much as you see ones on here not wanting O'Shea getting the role, you'll find a lot more saying to give him the job on other platforms. 

If the past few months antics hasn't warranted Canham packing his bags, appointing O'Shea won't do it. 

They're holding out to see if they can get someone post June and if not, they'll give it to O'Shea. Especially if there is 2x decent performance in June. 

It won't be O'Shea. I'd put my house, my car and all i own on it. 
I love beer gardens
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:19pm

Careful now! ...if O'Shea avoids defeat in the two June games he is in with more than a shout. This is the FAI, absolutely anything can happen.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:26pm

I wouldn't be putting anything on a FAI decision! They're playing a waiting game with plan B 2.0. 

Edited by Badgersboys9 - Yesterday at 2:27pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:29pm

Doherty is Paul Merson or The Spinmaster

Edited by Trap junior - Yesterday at 2:30pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:16pm
The fact Canham brought in Kerr to oversee the interim team might be an indicator of where we will end up ie  O'Shea but with a "minder" other than Kerr. Especially if the next two friendlies are similar to the last two friendlies. Canham is still calling the shots and I very much doubt he or the rest of FAI honchos have a Scooby how to recruit a manager they don't already know. It will either be O'Shea as manager or assistant manager. With the "minder" as either manager or assistant manager. It will depend on the profile of whoever they bring onboard..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:37pm
You would think O'Shea wouldn't be getting the job based on what Canham said publicly so far. However, Canham has already had to backtrack and apologise for other comments he has made so I wouldn't be so sure. 
The man in possession always has a chance. 

And if we got 1 or 2 good results I could see him at least been given "John is going to continue as Interim for the short nations league campaign" which will be his extended audition.

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 hours 12 minutes ago at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

The fact Canham brought in Kerr to oversee the interim team might be an indicator of where we will end up ie  O'Shea but with a "minder" other than Kerr. Especially if the next two friendlies are similar to the last two friendlies. Canham is still calling the shots and I very much doubt he or the rest of FAI honchos have a Scooby how to recruit a manager they don't already know. It will either be O'Shea as manager or assistant manager. With the "minder" as either manager or assistant manager. It will depend on the profile of whoever they bring onboard..
Willy Sagnol - is their intended target......
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 23 minutes ago at 6:08pm
will be carsley when the euro is over and garreth southgate stays on or england get a new manager. otherwise John ‘O’Shea will get it or hopefully steve bruce who is more experienced at top level
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 427428429
  Share Topic