You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pharmacies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pharmacies
    Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:05am
Noticed a huge difference between the qualify of customer service in pharmacies in Dublin and in the west of Ireland.  

In Dublin they are either business like and mind their own business and efficient or very helpful and friendly when you get to know them and use cop on and flexibility.  

In the west it’s like the nanny state and they ask loads of questions and are suspicious and not helpful at all and don’t think outside the box and have no flexibility. The owners are the worst.  I don’t blame the staff. 

It goes against the grain of what people may expect from Dublin and outside of Dublin.  

My own theory is that outside of Dublin being a chemist in a town means you part of the elite of the town and they lord it over people without thinking about it.  

My obs are formed having lived extensively in both Dublin and the west.  Got two vaccines on Friday and the lady in Dublin was brilliant and brilliant with the kids also.  Renewing a prescription was a easy too, whereas in the west you needed your life story. 

Anyone else notice this.  

Edited by Baldrick - 05 Nov 2023 at 10:07am
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:17am
Dear dear dear. You let us know the minute you find out who done it and we'll sort him out
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dear dear dear. You let us know the minute you find out who done it and we'll sort him out
LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:26pm
Can't comment on Dublin but I'd agree with the comment about pharmacies in the west of Ireland, certainly compared to the UK anyway. It's like a Spanish inquisition sometimes to get basic medicines that you would just buy at the counter in Britain. 

A really patronising approach to older customers as well, treating them like young children almost. Too many people with professional qualifications that give them ideas above their station and who love to milk any bit of power that comes their way as well. It was very evident during Covid, healthcare types acting like they were running the country.

Personally I find a lot of those professions are absolute rip off merchants as well, the costs in opticians, dentists etc absolutely laughable compared to the UK, taking advantage of limited competition in rural Ireland.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Can't comment on Dublin but I'd agree with the comment about pharmacies in the west of Ireland, certainly compared to the UK anyway. It's like a Spanish inquisition sometimes to get basic medicines that you would just buy at the counter in Britain. 

A really patronising approach to older customers as well, treating them like young children almost. Too many people with professional qualifications that give them ideas above their station and who love to milk any bit of power that comes their way as well. It was very evident during Covid, healthcare types acting like they were running the country.

Personally I find a lot of those professions are absolute rip off merchants as well, the costs in opticians, dentists etc absolutely laughable compared to the UK, taking advantage of limited competition in rural Ireland.
This in particular is more and more evident as the hiring into middle and senior management positions is increasingly based on what you achieved in college over actual hands on experience in the area they are in employed in and in actually managing people. Book smart street stupid management. 

We’ve even had a couple of lads on here over the last few years citing their educational achievements as some sort of ‘I’m smarter than you’ gotcha when disagreeing with other posters. 

Anyway, slight bit tangental to the threadEmbarrassed
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

This in particular is more and more evident as the hiring into middle and senior management positions is increasingly based on what you achieved in college over actual hands on experience in the area they are in employed in and in actually managing people. Book smart street stupid management. 

We’ve even had a couple of lads on here over the last few years citing their educational achievements as some sort of ‘I’m smarter than you’ gotcha when disagreeing with other posters. 

Anyway, slight bit tangental to the threadEmbarrassed

👏👏👏👏 tangents are great and to be honest it goes to the heart of my original point which is pharmacists in towns outside lording it over others because they think they have a status.  Just making it awkward for people is not safeguarding your patients/customers. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic