You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saudi League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 3:23pm
I doubt they all read the fine print of their contracts, with a fair chunk of their salary to be paid at season and / or contract end. May not apply for the bigger names but may apply to the lesser stars.
Would be amusing to see the likes of Henderson returning to Blighty in 12-18 months with a lot of the for his future generation monies unpaid.
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

I doubt they all read the fine print of their contracts, with a fair chunk of their salary to be paid at season and / or contract end. May not apply for the bigger names but may apply to the lesser stars.
Would be amusing to see the likes of Henderson returning to Blighty in 12-18 months with a lot of the for his future generation monies unpaid.

I would very much doubt that any football agent/lawyer doesn't go through every single word in a contract with a fine tooth comb. Even the 'lesser stars' are on crazy money and would have a team of experts behind them
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I did find it odd that Neymar would go there. He was notorious in Paris for his parties, you're not going to be able to have a lifestyle like that in Saudi Arabia. It wouldn't surprise me if many of these players were clueless about the country and it's life there. 

A lot of them aren't living in Saudi at all, living in Dubai and flying in and out for matches. Same thing Anzhi Makhachkala did 10 years ago
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I did find it odd that Neymar would go there. He was notorious in Paris for his parties, you're not going to be able to have a lifestyle like that in Saudi Arabia. It wouldn't surprise me if many of these players were clueless about the country and it's life there. 

A lot of them aren't living in Saudi at all, living in Dubai and flying in and out for matches. Same thing Anzhi Makhachkala did 10 years ago

It's 900km Dubai to Riyadh, so at least 2hour + flight.
Where do they train then? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 9:17pm

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's 900km Dubai to Riyadh, so at least 2hour + flight.
Where do they train then? 
Saudi is fast trying to become the next Dubai anyway. There will be western style nightclubs, bars and restaurants in the big cities. The king himself said in an interview recently they want to dramatically increase western tourism.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

I would very much doubt that any football agent/lawyer doesn't go through every single word in a contract with a fine tooth comb. Even the 'lesser stars' are on crazy money and would have a team of experts behind them
I wouldn’t assume anything in football considering the shysters involved and the trust players out in them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic