You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 23/24

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Stones is good, Doku is a bit meh, did well last night but flatters to deceive more often than not. Alvarez added nothing, Kovacic is a tidy footballer but didn't show much either. 

Madrid's four subs are hardly sh*te, Brahim Diaz a great little player, Modric had an impact on both legs when he came on

agree to disagree on the gap in quality between them anyway, Stones is better than just good for me, he would be Madrid's best defender by a good distance if he played for them imo, regardless he's easily ahead of a Militao who has barely played this year. Modric had an impact on the first leg but wasn't as good last night.

Doku and Alvarez are much much better options than Diaz and Vasquez. Doku was the reason City got an equaliser and he also sucked in defenders to free up Akanji for the KDB chance of a winner in the 80th minute.

I'm not saying Madrid are paupers in terms of quality here but City's squad options are a world away from Madrid last night

Militao was brilliant last couple of seasons prior to his injury, Rudiger excellent too! 

Can tell someone watches too much Premier League football when they think Stones is far superior to Militao/Rudiger. 

I'm talking about last night, Militao and Rudiger are both good defenders but both are rash at times for me, and as I mentioned already Militao has barely any football in him this year

From a Real Madrid POV, Rudiger was really poor for City's equaliser, really poor. Doku forces the issue with the cross but you expect your centre half to clear that ball easily. It's the sort of mistake I don't really see Stones making. I'm a lapsed Chelsea fan too so I know everything there is to know about Rudiger. 

I watch a lot of La Liga as my partner is from Spain for what that's worth, but you can just assume I'm an armchair PL fan if that makes it easier for you to understand that I don't rate Madrid's defensive options as being as good as Stones.

My general point anyway was that City have the luxury to have a player of Stones' calibre sitting on the bench for as long as he was, whereas Real are scraping around for defensive options due to injury and suspension. Again, it's not to say poor little Real - just that City were spoilt for choice last night in comparison.
Sponsored Links

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:05pm

Stones had injuries and fatigue after last week's game, i'd guess he wasn't fit enough to start. 

Stones is actually very injury prone. Even more than Reece James, somehow.

He rarely plays more than 35 games a season and never comes close to 30 PL games a season.

A very good player. He was outstanding in last season's CL final. My MotM. 7/7 dribbles completed.

Pep has to use him sparingly.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Stones had injuries and fatigue after last week's game, i'd guess he wasn't fit enough to start. 

He rarely plays more than 35 games a season and never comes close to 30 PL games a season.

A very good player. He was outstanding in last season's CL final. My MotM. 7/7 dribbles completed.

1/4 final of the champions league isn’t a time to use him sparingly….he should of started and if he starts (which he probably will) against Chelsea this weekend then you’d have to wonder of peps thinking prioritising a fa cup semi over 1/4 final of champions league with one of his better players 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:41pm
On another note….Madrid to beat Barca Sunday after watching them v city?
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

1/4 final of the champions league isn’t a time to use him sparingly….he should of started and if he starts (which he probably will) against Chelsea this weekend then you’d have to wonder of peps thinking prioritising a fa cup semi over 1/4 final of champions league with one of his better players 

Akanji was excellent last night, so Stones not playing wasn't really an issue.

Stones starting wouldn't have added a goal threat.

City lost and life goes on. They were the better team. But that's football.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 4:34pm
The new Damien Duff is Jack Grealish, made the big club move and all the fun is sucked out of his game. 

Watching him get past Nacho in the first half and his first instinct was to collapse under the slightest touch he could have stayed on his feet and played on. 

It's depressing to see 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 5:51pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 8:13pm
He’ll be depressed as he looks at his medal collection 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:26am
Maybe not this season
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:13pm

Sometimes I picture you as an adult dressed in Man City pyjamas with a bottle in your mouth. 

You don't live in Manchester. Supporting Man City is a hobby, it's not your job to be their pr officer and to take offence and defend the club like it's your dad getting insulted. 

It's daft behaviour
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Sometimes I picture you as an adult dressed in Man City pyjamas with a bottle in your mouth. 

You don't live in Manchester. Supporting Man City is a hobby, it's not your job to be their pr officer and to take offence and defend the club like it's your dad getting insulted. 

It's daft behaviour

Getting bites off u is another hobby 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 10:19pm
Do people expect Grealish to play at City all of a sudden the way he did at Villa in the championship?

Sometimes wonder if people watch the game 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:30am

Do people expect Grealish to play at City all of a sudden the way he did at Villa in the championship?

Sometimes wonder if people watch the game 

No I expect him to play the way he did when Villa where in the premiership 

Watch the game or not…bar the goal v arsenal last season he’s been a very underwhelming signing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 9:51am
Never going to happen in a Pep team, each player has a role even Foden is on the wing most weeks and can’t stray too far from that. Grealish was everywhere for Villa. 

Nonsense that he’s only had 1 good game 
A very important part of the treble winning team brings control and work rate to the left hand side 

The game at palace two weeks ago sums up his time at City I thought. Very effective had a hand in creating all 4 goals yet came away with 0 assists (which is a barometer for everything theae days on social media)
Bit like the 6-3 against united last year where he also was involved in the move for most goals. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Apr 2024 at 9:52am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 7:21am
Grealish role is to assist the assists.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:25am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Grealish role is to assist the assists.

So true, someone has to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic