You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poznan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poznan
    Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:01am
Anyone ever been back since 2012? Heading over on a stag at the weekend, anyone got any suggestions for places to drink? Looks like the main square is completely dug up, the side streets has a lot of smaller bars, and the nightclubs (Pacha etc) look like they wouldn't take kindly to group of 20 Irish lads after a day on the booze.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 9:35am
As a result of Euro 2012 I was over at a wedding before covid hit. Had a cracking time but the Square was intact then of course. 

I went for a stroll the day after I arrived to clear the head after a long day on the pints and on the way back to the hotel stumbled upon this little basement bar. Only reason I found it was the steel door was open and blocking the path and as I passed I looked back and seen a poster of a pint and the price on it. Cant recall the price but it was ridiculous cheap. Headed in for a couple of curers and sent the location to a few lads. Few hours later the Irish side of the wedding party was in there on the lash to the early hours, songs aplenty. Great wee spot. Have tried to locate it on maps but cant find it so feck all use to you.LOL

Edited by Sham157 - 25 Apr 2023 at 9:36am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

As a result of Euro 2012 I was over at a wedding before covid hit. Had a cracking time but the Square was intact then of course. 

I went for a stroll the day after I arrived to clear the head after a long day on the pints and on the way back to the hotel stumbled upon this little basement bar. Only reason I found it was the steel door was open and blocking the path and as I passed I looked back and seen a poster of a pint and the price on it. Cant recall the price but it was ridiculous cheap. Headed in for a couple of curers and sent the location to a few lads. Few hours later the Irish side of the wedding party was in there on the lash to the early hours, songs aplenty. Great wee spot. Have tried to locate it on maps but cant find it so feck all use to you.LOL
That's the sort of place I'll get in my head after a few beers and head off on my own trying to find it LOL

If ya find the location in a whatsapp from the wedding fire it on please. Sounds like the right spot
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That's the sort of place I'll get in my head after a few beers and head off on my own trying to find it LOL

If ya find the location in a whatsapp from the wedding fire it on please. Sounds like the right spot
I know its only a few mins from the McDonalds thats a minutes walk from the Square. It was literally just a steel door at street level so Ive probably seen it on maps but cant recognise it. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 3:06pm
Timelines on Google Maps should help you locate it ShamThumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Timelines on Google Maps should help you locate it ShamThumbs Up
Good shout, never even thought of that. Ill nosy nowThumbs Up
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 5:03pm

Anyone ever been back since 2012? Heading over on a stag at the weekend, anyone got any suggestions for places to drink? Looks like the main square is completely dug up, the side streets has a lot of smaller bars, and the nightclubs (Pacha etc) look like they wouldn't take kindly to group of 20 Irish lads after a day on the booze.

My brother in law heading to poznan at weekend for a stag too. Hardly a crowd of cobh lads goin on your one?LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 5:53pm
Yes indeed have been back.  Good spot.  Great memories.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:10am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

My brother in law heading to poznan at weekend for a stag too. Hardly a crowd of cobh lads goin on your one?LOL
Could be, a lot of Glanmire lads that I know on this trip but I only know half the crowd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic