You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Club signings of the season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club signings of the season
    Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 11:02am
How have your new signings got on?

Adam McDonnell has probably been the player of the season so far at Bohs. Consistent in every game.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 1:00am
Not exactly this season as he was signed in 2022 but couldn't play till this season due to an admin error. Fabrice Hartmann at Sligo Rovers. Absolute quality. Such speed and technical skill. A class above LOI in all honesty. On loan from RB Leipzig. Hopefully we can keep him for a while longer though.

Edited by doherty - 23 Apr 2023 at 1:01am
I love beer gardens
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 9:29am
Conor Kearns for Shels has been a terrific signing so far. A lot of eyebrows raised when we effectively swapped Brendan Clarke for him but he has been immense so far.

Paddy Barrett for the most part has looked an excellent signing from Pat's as well. 

Finally, we got Kian Leavy on loan from Reading and he has also been very good in the games he's played.

They have been the 3 stand outs for me 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 10:11am
Jake Mulraney for me, been excellent the little I've seen of him
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 11:04am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Not exactly this season as he was signed in 2022 but couldn't play till this season due to an admin error. Fabrice Hartmann at Sligo Rovers. Absolute quality. Such speed and technical skill. A class above LOI in all honesty. On loan from RB Leipzig. Hopefully we can keep him for a while longer though.

Ya Fabrice Hartmann is pretty flash,  technically very good. Now that the surfaces on the pitches (especially our own pitch) are getting better I think he will excel in the next few weeks.
I think Recce Hutchinson deserves a mention too. He has been very good at left back for us with one goal and three assists already. He has a great understanding with Will Fitzgerald too. His loan is up too in June but hopefully he can be convinced to stay longer
Branneflak has been one of the better new signings too. Our full backs are very important in the way we play, both Hutchinson and Branneflak are comfortable on the ball, they can beat a man and take us up the pitch from a deep position and he get up into the final third causing overloads and getting crosses in. Both are defo upgrades on what we had last season.

Edited by darman28 - 24 Apr 2023 at 11:06am
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya Fabrice Hartmann is pretty flash,  technically very good. Now that the surfaces on the pitches (especially our own pitch) are getting better I think he will excel in the next few weeks.
I think Recce Hutchinson deserves a mention too. He has been very good at left back for us with one goal and three assists already. He has a great understanding with Will Fitzgerald too. His loan is up too in June but hopefully he can be convinced to stay longer
Branneflak has been one of the better new signings too. Our full backs are very important in the way we play, both Hutchinson and Branneflak are comfortable on the ball, they can beat a man and take us up the pitch from a deep position and he get up into the final third causing overloads and getting crosses in. Both are defo upgrades on what we had last season.

Yes i forgot Reece. Hes a quality player. Good technically aswell.
I love beer gardens
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 1:33pm
We have an entirely new squad so far but most impressed with Derry loanee McCallion who has only turned 18, ellis ferrar and Noe Baba
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Jake Mulraney for me, been excellent the little I've seen of him

Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:33am
Ronan Coughlan for Waterford. He's got 14 goals in his last 7 games and is breaking all types of records.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic