You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v France match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 3:15pm
Was reading the match programme earlier when I noticed something
https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1641078055966842881

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 2:52pm
Not sure if Cullen was 100% responsible for that goal. There was a miscommunication between him and O'Shea. O'Shea went to go for a run at the exact same time that Cullen attempted the pass to him. This was a miscommuncation or misunderstanding between the two of them. O'Shea could have reacted by at least tipping it back to Cullen. But instead, he tried to shield the ball and turn. That's when Pavard nipped in and stole the ball.

So I think they both share some responsibility for it.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Luder Luder wrote:

Not sure if Cullen was 100% responsible for that goal. There was a miscommunication between him and O'Shea. O'Shea went to go for a run at the exact same time that Cullen attempted the pass to him. This was a miscommuncation or misunderstanding between the two of them. O'Shea could have reacted by at least tipping it back to Cullen. But instead, he tried to shield the ball and turn. That's when Pavard nipped in and stole the ball.

So I think they both share some responsibility for it.

It was Knight rather than O'Shea, but Cullen shouldnt be playing that pass regardless.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 4:01pm
That was Cullen's error. Knight had already turned, nothing he could do there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
  Share Topic