You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Priority Pass - Airport Lounges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Priority Pass - Airport Lounges
    Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 6:58pm
Anyone ever sign up for this? 

Would travel regularly enough for aways,  trips to the U.S. & Spain every year so thinking of  signing up for it. I'd also be the type to arrive very early at airports so would make use of it. 

I wouldn't travel consistently enough to make use of the standard plus or prestige package but 89 quid for the year with a standard 30 quid charge for lounge access seems a decent enough offer. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 7:06pm
Where can you read the benefits? Can only see how to sign up but can’t see what you get!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 7:37pm
Haven't got priority pass but paid for lounges in the past (£30 or so) when you're in an airport where its a tenner a pint it pays for itself.

£89 sounds like great value if a regular traveller. 

Edit: Revolut do deals on lounges

Edited by Deane - 08 Mar 2023 at 7:37pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 7:53pm
Priority pass is rubbish, theres virtually no lounge that will let you in with it in the US, even Europe they are turning more and more with it away by saying they are at capacity, or if they think that they might be at capacity they will turn people away. There are just too many people with it now.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Haven't got priority pass but paid for lounges in the past (£30 or so) when you're in an airport where its a tenner a pint it pays for itself.

£89 sounds like great value if a regular traveller. 

Edit: Revolut do deals on lounges

Revolut use Loungepass which is the same as priority pass, if the place is even half busy you are considered a walk in and they arent interested. Would just be careful with this. Dont upgrade your revolut card just for access to this.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:18pm
Try and spend as little time as possible in airports and usually driving the other side so not really an option 

Even when i did get one  - 7 hr layover in Stansted it was full of ones who thought they were in first class

Isnt there some beach travel company offerring them as part of their deal advertising on TV 

I will take my chances in the airport bars 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 7:13am
I got Revolut premium to mess about with crypto and it also lets you into lounges for €20. It’s exactly the same idea as Revolut. 

When it works, it’s really good. But there have been a few times recently when I get out there and they say I need to join a virtual queue. And I haven’t got to the front of the queue by the time my flight goes. Or I’ll have 20 minutes in the place, having hung round the normal seats, so not worth paying my €20. 

This has happened at all times of the day. 

I see that in no 1 lounges you can spend an extra £6 to make a booking to then enable you to book your place in advance. 

So, if you had one return flight every two months, it would cost €96 for Revolut pro, €240 in Revolut lounge fees and €84 in booking fees. €420 for the year. €760 if two travelling. 

Worth it?

Oh, and once I went in to one in Stansted and there were a load of English women in their 50s going away on holiday together, whooping and cackling every five minutes like a gang of old witches. Having paid my €20, I wished I was out in the airport bar. 

Edited by inlikeflynn - 09 Mar 2023 at 8:52am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 10:00am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I got Revolut premium to mess about with crypto and it also lets you into lounges for €20. It’s exactly the same idea as Revolut. 

When it works, it’s really good. But there have been a few times recently when I get out there and they say I need to join a virtual queue. And I haven’t got to the front of the queue by the time my flight goes. Or I’ll have 20 minutes in the place, having hung round the normal seats, so not worth paying my €20. 

I see that in no 1 lounges you can spend an extra £6 to make a booking to then enable you to book your place in advance. 

So, if you had one return flight every two months, it would cost €96 for Revolut pro, €240 in Revolut lounge fees and €84 in booking fees. €420 for the year. €760 if two travelling. 

Worth it?

Oh, and once I went in to one in Stansted and there were a load of English women in their 50s going away on holiday together, whooping and cackling every five minutes like a gang of old witches. Having paid my €20, I wished I was out in the airport bar. 
Any pics?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 11:30am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Worth it?

Any pics?
I was going to say I'm surprised Sham didn't post that but then I realised they would be a bit too young for his tastes.LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic